1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers quality

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Poloboy, Nov 23, 2012.

1. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

89826, thanks for the info sir.

2. 89826

89826 Well-Known Member

Nice tie at a good price.

3. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

Thanks 89826. It's a nice tie if you think $60.00 for a rag wrapped around your neck is good value for money. Lol.

4. AlexT2014

AlexT2014 New Member

I bought four pairs of Brooks Brothers pants in February of 2014. After wearing each pain two or three times the seams came undone. The hem also came undone. Each pair cost $ 160. I argued that there was a manufacturing defect with the seams but they refused to refund me. I think Broke Brothers is committing marketing suicide. Selling this kind of lemons at $ 160.00 apiece people will shop there only once. I will NEVER shop there again. They are not a brand for the serious professional or for the elite, it's a rip-off.

5. AlexT2014

AlexT2014 New Member

The seams on their pants come undone after wearing the pants just two or three times. And the pants cost more than $ 160.00. Not for the serious professional or for the elite. I think they are committing marketing suicide. Which fool is going to return to their store after being sold clothes that fall part after wearing them a couple of times! They are great innovators! They have invented disposable clothes!

6. AlexT2014

AlexT2014 New Member

Broke Brothers has innovated: they have invented disposable clothes! Biodegradable too! The seams come apart after wearing their pants only two times.

7. jayden319

jayden319 New Member

I thought BB made some good stuff, until bought their wool sweater.

I like their non-iron shirts and underwears..

but that sweater was just shit!

cant believe they sold that shit at that price.

btw merino sweaters are fine.

8. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Well-Known Member

Meh

If I ever get anything from them it will definitely be Golden Fleece

9. alleybox

alleybox New Member

New to thread. Have been wearing BB since college days and have seen alot of changes ( many already referenced) but as a business staple for clothing they are still the best option. Non iron sport shirts are good, not great but on sale are better quality than PRL. Dress shirts depends on cut and style don't like pants since I am tall and they don't have any with long rise (like most designers) and have not been pleased with suit cuts in several years

10. alleybox

alleybox New Member

I do have a question: why change shirt nomenclature to the madison, Milano and Regent fit. Understood the color coding much better: red, blue, green and purple for shirts and fit. also agree that red fleece is for my sons (17-22)age group to compete with JC, BR, VV and AF. Good luck in that market!!

11. Romans116

Romans116 Well-Known Member

Bought some "slim" milano pants. They were not slim, went to Nordstroms to get their house brand pants.

12. PSNY

PSNY Well-Known Member

I have great admiration for Brooks Brothers for staying, for the most, true to their original style. Their boxer shorts are great. I have owned Turnbull & Asser, Derek Rose, and Hanro boxer shorts over the years. The Brooks Brothers slim fit boxer shorts fit me well and at $15 (sale price) they cannot be beat. Fabric quality is great, they do not feel any noticeably different then the aforementioned brands. The only complaint would be the exposed waist band, but its not at all noticeable during wear.

[​IMG]

13. dazedstate

dazedstate Well-Known Member

I have a question about the quality of the recent 1818 line of suits and odd jackets. The 1818 Fitzgeralds that are labeled "full canvas" seem to be made in China. Does anyone have experience with the quality? Obviously not much by way of handwork but otherwise (canvas quality, fabric quality, cut in relation to Italy/US made Fitzgeralds). Thank you.