1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers' Gatsby Collection

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mossrockss, Apr 15, 2013.

1. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

2. TheWGP

TheWGP Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. That was my suspicion, but it's been a minute since I've been studying heel patterns.

Decided to go with some G&G loafers instead for the same price, though in a bit more plain style.

3. smittycl

smittycl Well-Known Member

I grabbed a few ties from the Gatsby collection. Very nice overall although Brooks' ties do not have the best construction. They cannot compare to the Zegna, Brioni and Canali's I have that virtually tie themselves. Anyway, anyone pick up on Brooks Brother's new "Artisan" line? I was in their Washington DC store yesterday and noticed some new sport coats, shirts and sweaters. Very nice brown wool/silk sport coat made in Italy with leather behind the collar and a price point of $1100, same as the full retail 1818 suits. Just curious to know if anyone can tell me where they are made or can comment on the quality?

Of note, their website does not list the "artisan" that is on the label. They are only cut in regular sizes and do not follow the usual naming conventions, no Fitzgerald, Madison, etc.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Doneg...ar_MM00291_Color=DKBR&contentpos=56&cgid=0217

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Windo...ar_MM00294_Color=BRWN&contentpos=51&cgid=0217

4. smittycl

Okay so I guess these are not called Artisan but Brooks Brothers Natural Construction. Nice stuff overall.

5. smittycl

Oops, Natural Craftsmanship.

6. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

7. MisterFu

MisterFu Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  8. dieselman89

dieselman89 Well-Known Member

9. white collar

white collar Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to sell anything from the collection I'm buying, really looking for the bow ties, specifically the one Gatsby wears with his tuxedo, but I will buy pretty much anything if the price is right!