1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Ideally I'd have 7 blue OCBDs and get them monogrammed MON, TUE, WED, and so on and be set for life on shirts.

xchen, you put the OCD in OCBD.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Finally, my white oxfords shipped. I should get it next week.
    Today, I received the order I placed last week.
    [​IMG]

3. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Well-Known Member

I ordered and received some today. I thought the fit was great, almost as good as RLBL. My only gripe was that both the whites (I ordered pinpoint and broadcloth) are still wayyyyy too see-through to wear sans undershirt unless you're uber-tan/dark, which I am not. The blue one is a keeper, and I suppose I'll just exchange the others for some striped ones.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the white shirt is definitely see through but doesn't bother me much since I wear an undershirt most of the time anyways. Good enough as a beater white shirt.

5. Captain Winky

Yeah, the white shirt is definitely see through but doesn't bother me much since I wear an undershirt most of the time anyways. Good enough as a beater white shirt.

That's true, a very good price for a shirt that fits that well and is relatively well made. However, since I'm about 70/30 no undershirt/undershirt, I feel as though perhaps a second blue shirt would be a good bet, since there are very few places I need white and can't wear light blue.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Yeah that was the second blue ESF shirt I got from BB and it is a lot darker than the first one I got (oxford) but I like it. I also have a white oxford coming, which I am hoping isn't too see through because I got the off-white oxford version (ecru color iirc) and it is pretty thick and not see-through. I'd suggest you give that one a try.

7. Captain Winky

Yeah that was the second blue ESF shirt I got from BB and it is a lot darker than the first one I got (oxford) but I like it. I also have a white oxford coming, which I am hoping isn't too see through because I got the off-white oxford version (ecru color iirc) and it is pretty thick and not see-through. I'd suggest you give that one a try.

Good to know, you'll have to report back on the white Oxford. Otherwise, I'm going to get the pink oxford and either the ecru or yellow oxford.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

It should arrive next week, waited 2.5 months for it to even ship.

9. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Just looking at the website and now the only extra-slim fit shirts have that god damned logo on them. Not a huge problem as the standard slim fit is fine for me, but I hope they don't start slapping that thing all over the place.

10. Captain Winky

Just looking at the website and now the only extra-slim fit shirts have that god damned logo on them. Not a huge problem as the standard slim fit is fine for me, but I hope they don't start slapping that thing all over the place.

Uh, no they don't. In the drop-down menu of dress shirts, there should be some extra slims.

11. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Uh, no they don't. In the drop-down menu of dress shirts, there should be some extra slims.

Sorry I should have specified "sport shirts".

12. thomasec

thomasec Well-Known Member

Just an update on the fit of these. I went to the Brooks Brothers in Chicago the other day and man....these things are very slim. I don't know if the sales person sized me down too much (I tried on a 15/33), but I consider myself to be a pretty slim guy (5"10 and 150lbs), and these were really tight in the chest and shoulders. I may go back and try a size up, but seriously, these are very, very trim shirts. Surprising for Brooks Bros. For reference, a medium BOO shirt fits me just about perfect.

13. jwkicks

jwkicks Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm 6'4, 185lbs. Just got a couple in the mail (15.5x34) and the shirts are too tight in the chest.

14. Captain Winky

Same here. I'm 6'4, 185lbs. Just got a couple in the mail (15.5x34) and the shirts are too tight in the chest.
    I'm 6'1, 170 and bought the same size, which fit right but a tad snug at the chest. You'll definitely want to go up a size for both neck and sleeve. I'm guessing a 16x35 or 16.5x35 will be better on you.

15. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

these were really tight in the chest and shoulders. . . . For reference, a medium BOO shirt fits me just about perfect.
    I find the shoulders are 1/2 inch too wide on these, leading to a ripple near the shoulder blade. band fits me better. you may ultimately reach the same conclusion. EDITED to make sense.

16. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Well-Known Member

Other than the logo on the sport shirts, and a pocket on the dress shirts is there a difference in apperance in the two? Probably a dumb question but would the dress shirt look alright if worn casually around town? I am only curious because I have a small neck but fairly tall at 6'3. So i would need sleeves longer than what the sport shirt Sz. Medium provides.

17. Captain Winky

Other than the logo on the sport shirts, and a pocket on the dress shirts is there a difference in apperance in the two? Probably a dumb question but would the dress shirt look alright if worn casually around town? I am only curious because I have a small neck but fairly tall at 6'3. So i would need sleeves longer than what the sport shirt Sz. Medium provides.

I think that the buttondown ones would wear quite well casually, especially the more colorful ones.

18. duration

duration Well-Known Member

This thread is good stuff. Gonna check out the local BB store here in Singapore. Hope they carry the ESFs, else I will have to order online as usual.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Received the white oxfords. Here's a quick fit pic but it is somewhat difficult to capture with the flourescent light. Size 14.5/32 once again, pretty happy with it, not see-through like the other white shirt.
    [​IMG]

20. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

Received the white oxfords. Here's a quick fit pic but it is somewhat difficult to capture with the flourescent light. Size 14.5/32 once again, pretty happy with it, not see-through like the other white shirt.

Hey, can you grab the shoulder measurement?