• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Looks like bb is having a semi-annual sale where you can cop 3 of these for 159, if I want to be a dick and save more can I stack any more savings on top of this?

25% off code stacked before

jabreal00

Reaction score
I've gotten 7 BB slim fit shirt over the course of spring and early summer. I got them on sale, 3 for $120. I am 5'10 160lbs. I wear 15.5 and 33L. I have had every single of those shirts taken in at the arm and sides. They aren't like the tents with the traditional fit. They look reasonable off the rack but tailoring them differentiates me from the drone office worker.

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jabreal00
I've gotten 7 BB slim fit shirt over the course of spring and early summer. I got them on sale, 3 for $120. I am 5'10 160lbs. I wear 15.5 and 33L. I have had every single of those shirts taken in at the arm and sides. They aren't like the tents with the traditional fit. They look reasonable off the rack but tailoring them differentiates me from the drone office worker.
Unfortunately not available in the store - and I suspect you may not get the same deal - but the EXTRA slim fit shirts would likely do you better and possibly save you money in tailoring costs. The extra slims may not be slim enough for some, but are notably slimmer than the slim fits.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of these

And if they still have to be tailored what is the point

airblaster503

Reaction score
Look back a few pages dude, there are several pictures posted in this thread. The only people that need to get these tailored are super skinny dudes, and even in their case a majority probably don't need to do much to them. Someone with a build similar to yours probably wouldn't need to have the shirts tailored at all. And the dude commenting a few comments up was saying he had to tailor the slim fits, not the extra slim fits.

ls1dreams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
i just wanted to mention that i measured the neck on my "15.5" and it's actually 16. no wonder this neck felt too big. is this common on these?

I think they do run big. Normally, a 15.5 neck is quite snug on me. With the BB ESF shirt I tried on at the store, I had a good .5-1" of extra space. Not sure how much they shrink.

ls1dreams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thoogsby
Anyone know where I can get the chest measurements for the Extra-Slim dress shirts?

Here are the numbers for a size 16 collar shirt:

In response to your inquiry regarding our merchandise, please be advised that the following are the measurements you requested for the extra slim fit shirt.

size 16
waist: 41 1/2"
chest: 43 3/4"

Unfortunately they forgot to include the shoulder measurement.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Anyone have a pic of these

And if they still have to be tailored what is the point

The regular slim fit would probably suit you.

ahe

Reaction score
Looks like there are a couple of new styles

I just snagged a esf pink sports shirt for 25, sale price is 39, and I had a 20 dollar off rewards thing.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in how slim a OCBD is and the dress shirt in thier Extra Slim fit line? I think I may give the OCBD a go.

I normally wear size S in BoO, 5'9 150.

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
I haven't measured - and there may be some slight variation in cut - but my recently purchased OCBD and "normal" collar extra slims seem to fit the same.

ahe

Reaction score
Anyone else think that the new ESF sport shirts are ******* ugly?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marxism_2.0
Here's a tip. Eat more and stop Wearing girl sizes.

harhar, the regular BB sizes are for people who take your advice. I would never want to be that fat.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one day i will have something like this dedicated to me

inmemoryofleonardballwh.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads