1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

tried one on yesterday. its much slimmer than the regular bb slim fit although the 14.5 collar was still too big for me...i found it slightly larger than the other 14.5 shirts i have. for those with proportionally larger chests, these might not work too well cuz the body of the shirt is somewhat tube-like. my 36.5 chest made the 14.5 pull pretty uncomfortably. still i could see these working very well for a lot of the body types on this forum. and yes they're $80 in store.

2. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

does anyone have the shoulder to shoulder, arm pit to armpit, and length measure of the extra slim fit sports shirts? they seem to go by s m l xl.

I am about 5'7" 160 pounds. I was wondering if i should get a small or medium

3. surrender

surrender Well-Known Member

How much are the extra slims selling for at brooks brothers stores?

The extra slim sport shirts are half off, so $37.50 right now. However, the stores in the DC area have been cleaned out, as well as the Madison Avenue store in New York.

4. mpieniaz

mpieniaz Active Member

does anyone have the shoulder to shoulder, arm pit to armpit, and length measure of the extra slim fit sports shirts? they seem to go by s m l xl.

I am at work so I do not have the shirt in front of me. I am 6 ft 185 and I wear a medium and I have pretty normal body proportions so I would go with a small.

5. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

I am at work so I do not have the shirt in front of me. I am 6 ft 185 and I wear a medium and I have pretty normal body proportions so I would go with a small.

Awesome...... Thanks alot........

maybe when you have time u can give me the measurements for the medium?

6. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

Whats the P2P of the sizes medium and large in ESF ?

Thanks

7. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Well-Known Member

Small for sure.
    The sleeves could be a little long, but that's an easy fix.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Got 4 more BB Extra Slim Fit shirts. Love the gingham.
    Colors from left to right; pink oxford, blue/white stripes, purple and red gingham.
    [​IMG]

9. 630

630 Well-Known Member

went into the store to try them on to start building a professional wardrobe. only had sport shirts in store and i was caught between a small and a medium (small was too tight in chest, perfect everywhere else. medium was great in chest, too large everywhere else). and then ended up buying 4 pairs of milanos instead. woops

anyway-was on vacation and made a trip to the bal harbour store in miami. tried on the dress shirts in extra slim fit and found them to fit differently than the sport shirts. 15/33 fit me pretty close to perfectly OTR minus a wee bit of room in the waist. bought one on sale there and then 3 more online today. i feel a little iffy whoring myself out to one brand, but i think brooks brothers quality for a reasonable price was a good starting point for my future corporate endeavors.

as a side note, before going to bal harbour i called brooksbrothers.com and asked if the dress shirts are sized differently than the sport shirts. the guy couldn't understand wtf i was asking but finally just told me a 14.5/15 fits like a small, 15.5/16 like a medium, etc. something to that effect. not true, the dress shirts fit a little differently.

5'9, 150, 40 inch chest, 29.5 inch waist

10. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

New Styles are in. Nice stuff including chambrays.

11. lawcat

lawcat Well-Known Member

Anybody ever washed theirs and tossed them in the dryer? Im a 16/34 in most shirts, but thinking maybe I should get A 16.5/35 and that way I can just toss em in the dryer instead of hanging to dry.

12. Dewey

Dewey Well-Known Member

I don't recommend that you buy large and use the dryer with shrinkage as a plan. The shirts will quickly look like shit. First the seams will pucker. Various parts (interlining, stitching) will respond differently and badly to the heat. The shrinkage will not be even and predictable. Most will get shorter in the length, but maybe not narrower across the chest, etc. And the tumbling will accelerate fraying and button breakage. If they are casual shirts, worn oversize and without a tie or all the buttons done up, and if you don't give a damn, go for it no one will care anyway. Otherwise I'd re-think the strategy.

13. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

New Styles are in. Nice stuff including chambrays.

Bought the chambray in Vegas at $69. It is an AWESOME shirt.

Again, a great deal at $70 bones.

14. thoogsby

thoogsby Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the Non-iron extra slim fit shirts are going to be available? The most specific I've heard so far is sometime in the fall.

15. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

I work at bb and the shirt will not shrink!

16. smithsj

smithsj Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the Non-iron extra slim fit shirts are going to be available? The most specific I've heard so far is sometime in the fall.

^^This. Won't even bother otherwise.

17. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

YES FUCKING PLEASE.

18. baba booey

baba booey Well-Known Member

I don't understand why these are getting that much attention since J. Crew seems to already be doing a $70 shirt made in China that is not that slim. The shirts are not extra slim, in fact the medium I have on fits similar to some J Crew button ups. The cloth is nicer and the buttons are sewed on a little better, but J. Crew has them beat in patterns. They are Ok, just nothing special. The made in U.S.A. oxfords are a different story, they do fit slim and have much nicer quality overral. I may purchase another but for a $70 button-up I may look to J. Crew rather than BB.

19. the_state

the_state Well-Known Member

^ Brooks' extra slims shit on J Crew with respect to quality. Not to mention you can buy a shirt that's tailored to your neck/sleeve measurements.

Non-iron extra-slim is supposed to come Fall 2011 according to a conversation I had with a Brooks rep a few months ago.

20. baba booey

baba booey Well-Known Member

^ Brooks' extra slims shit on J Crew with respect to quality. Not to mention you can buy a shirt that's tailored to your neck/sleeve measurements.

Non-iron extra-slim is supposed to come Fall 2011 according to a conversation I had with a Brooks rep a few months ago.

Like I said, the made in U.S.A. oxfords I did buy in my neck and sleeve length and those are very nice and definitely top any shirt from J. Crew. However, I have one of the so-called extra slim fits in a medium and it is nothing to get excited about.