• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers christmas sale

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I like this patch pocket jacket and the trousers a lot,has anyone seen them?I wonder if the jacket is short,some BF items are ridiculously short.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BB_Bla...85311&CurSeq=1

Really thinking about pulling the trigger on trousers,they are good for a security uniform
laugh.gif

I saw it today, and it's nice. The color is very light though, and at first I thought it was a hold over from the spring/summer suits. The jacket is lined and heavy enough for winter.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I saw it today, and it's nice. The color is very light though, and at first I thought it was a hold over from the spring/summer suits. The jacket is lined and heavy enough for winter.

Is it as long as the suits on the web?For some reason,local store doesn't carry those jackets.Are these suits and jackets made by Caruso?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it as long as the suits on the web?For some reason,local store doesn't carry those jackets.Are these suits and jackets made by Caruso?
The jackets for this season are longer than last year, an inch to be exact. I don't know about the maker.

dinted voice

Reaction score
BB3 is 16/34 in conventional BB OCBDs,what is your size?

I don't have any of the BB OCBD's, though in most brands (H and M for instance) I am a small n their slim fit. I also wear a small in jcrew, though the body is slightly big. I am unsure if I would be a 0 or a 1.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The jackets for this season are longer than last year, an inch to be exact. I don't know about the maker.

I heard they were made by Caruso,and I am glad that jackets are longer this year.I guess I need to figure out if that patch pocket is from a new season.It doesn't look that long in the picture.
Jay,do you have a single garment that is not from BB?
laugh.gif

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice is if your a small in rl custom fit then go with a 1. The issue with a zero is the extra short sleeve length. I'm a small in custom fit and beside the baggy arms custom fit small fits me pretty decent. I go with BB01 because the fit is close to the cs and the extra sleeve lenth gives me enough room to alter

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that if your neck size is below a 15 the 01 is not going to work for you

dinted voice

Reaction score
Do you think the shirts that are currently 112 will be marked down further (besides the already extra 15%)? I have never bought from black fleece so please pardon my ignorance!

Ringo

Reaction score
How much do these shrink? The stats of the BB1 are perfect for me, but when I tried on a pair last week, I was afraid that the sleeves and collar would become too small after a few washes, which leads me to believe that the measurements aren't all that accurate? I also tried on a BB2, where the sleeves seemed acceptable (whereas a 34" sleeve on any other shirt is ALWAYS too big), but the collar had a wee bit of room... nothing out of the ordinary, though the shirt was pretty wrinkled, so maybe it would fit slightly differently when ironed.

My dilemma is that the body of the BB1 was nice and slim (slimmer than any RTW shirt I've tried on), but I'm worried about the sleeve and collar. The BB2 seemed better in that respect, but the body was bigger, which kind of defeats the purpose of the BF cut.

Any suggestions on which would be a better choice? I'm thinking I might as well go with a BB1 and be careful with the wash. I often roll up my sleeves anyway, so that shouldn't be too much of a concern, and if the collar stays around 15", it should be ok (in case I wear a tie with it).

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ringo
How much do these shrink? The stats of the BB1 are perfect for me, but when I tried on a pair last week, I was afraid that the sleeves and collar would become too small after a few washes, which leads me to believe that the measurements aren't all that accurate? I also tried on a BB2, where the sleeves seemed acceptable (whereas a 34" sleeve on any other shirt is ALWAYS too big), but the collar had a wee bit of room... nothing out of the ordinary, though the shirt was pretty wrinkled, so maybe it would fit slightly differently when ironed.

My dilemma is that the body of the BB1 was nice and slim (slimmer than any RTW shirt I've tried on), but I'm worried about the sleeve and collar. The BB2 seemed better in that respect, but the body was bigger, which kind of defeats the purpose of the BF cut.

Any suggestions on which would be a better choice? I'm thinking I might as well go with a BB1 and be careful with the wash. I often roll up my sleeves anyway, so that shouldn't be too much of a concern, and if the collar stays around 15", it should be ok (in case I wear a tie with it).

I didn't notice a lot of shrinking after few washes (hand washes) so I wouldn't be concerned about it,but then again it is me.I am sure others can give some feedback as well.

Ringo

Reaction score
I didn't notice a lot of shrinking after few washes (hand washes) so I wouldn't be concerned about it,but then again it is me.I am sure others can give some feedback as well.
I see. I was initially thinking about playing it "safe" and getting a 2, but I've decided that would be pointless and would go with a 1 (if I decide to pull the trigger). That being said, I wish I actually went to the store, as I know they had a few 1's as of earlier this week (vs. very few 2's) in patterns that I liked. That way I could have avoided the shipping costs. Oh well.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting in Saks (Kiton) now.....50% then an additional 60% today.
Bought OCBD Black Fleece a few min ago at BB they still gave me an additional 15% off the sale price.

Regards.

Reborn

Reaction score
I picked up an awesome hybrid wool jacket. It's John Hanly & Co. lambswool. Charcoal with leather buttons. It's perfect for those above freezing days that don't need the full on winter gear.

Still somewhat expensive but hard to turn down at 50%+15%.

NOLA1

Reaction score
question re black fleece OCBDs: should a 16/35 go w/ the 3 (16/34) or 4 (16.5/35). Basically, are these things slim enough that the 16.5 will still look fitted?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads