1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brioni super 150 suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sinou87, Dec 24, 2011.

1. sinou87

sinou87 Well-Known Member

Hi here everyone !

I am a student beginning his interviews for his first job in the international business field :)

I am searching for a great suit to go to my interviews and found a Brioni super 150 suit for 800 dollars shipped (Brand new with tags) to France and am thinking about buying it ...

What do you think about this offer ?

Thank you !

PS : I have read many posts on this forum for 4 years and it has been very helpful I am really pleased being part of it now :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. sinou87

3. Macallan

Macallan Well-Known Member

What is the suit colour and pattern?
    Are you willing pay for alterations?

If your answer is something like - plain navy single-breasted suit and are willing to spend upto 200 Euro's for alterations - then yes, get the suit; however, you may have to sent the suit back, if is too small/big.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  4. sinou87

Thanks a lot Macallan :)

The measures are perfect I am a 42R and it is one . No need of doing almost any alterations , just a problem remains : The working handcuffs as the suit has got no button holes I must pay a tailor to make these alterations ...

The suit is dark grey with fine orange/white stripes Fall Winter 2011

Thanks a lot again

5. ykurtz

ykurtz Well-Known Member

That's a distinctive pattern and not very versatile. Sounds like a good 5th+ suit...

6. sinou87

Thanks a lot ykurtz .
    Sorry but I do not know what 5th+ means . My bad the suit is black with really thin orange and white stripes super 150

7. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

Handcuffs:
    [​IMG]

Working (or surgeon's) cuffs:

[​IMG]
    :teach:

Sounds like a great deal, but don't be so sure about the fit unless you have tried on this model. Not all 42s are created equally.
    Do you have photos?

1 person likes this.
  8. sidkane

sidkane Active Member

I agree. I think it's better to get a solid navy or charcoal first. Lots of sales coming up. I'd try that.

Also, it's easy to get seduced by a good deal on an expensive brand on eBay, but my experience is hit or miss generally.

1 person likes this.
  9. sinou87

The problem is that there isn't any sales such as in the US in France ... And the dollar is getting stronger and stronger vs the Euro ...

I'll post pictures soon but it seems beautiful . The problem is also that I already have a beautiful bespoke Ede & Ravenscroft charcoal 3 pc suit a Navy Brioni vintage blazer and a gucci black suit

The "creativity" of this suit doesn't really bother me

But is 800 dollars a good deal if it fits me or not ?

Thank you all (Pictures coming in a few minutes)

10. sinou87

11. sinou87

My threads are blocked (as I am a new user) so I am posting again the pictures
    I was saying that there was no sales such as in the US on brands such as Brioni ... So I thought it was a bargain the suit is a super 150 and is black with white/orange thin stripes :
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

13. sinou87

No ??

14. sinou87

No ??

15. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

I thought you said it was gray?

16. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

It looks like a charcoal with orange stripes. It's a beautiful suit and good value, but not very versatile.

That being said, if you like it, buy it. Wouldn't hurt to have it in your rotation down the road.

17. sinou87

I thought it was grey as well but it is black , I saw the textile closer here is a picture :
    [​IMG]
    So what do you think about this suit KObalto ? :)

18. sinou87

Thanks a lot for your answer othertravel .
    I posted the picture of the colour of the suit if you want to take a look :)
    Is it a good value ? I know it isn't as easy to wear as a plain suit but seems easy to wear anyway :)

19. sinou87

I Understand your point the problem is that there is no bargains and sales such as in the US in France ... So 600 euros / 800 dollars for a Brioni super 150 suit seemed to me like a good deal

I just need the working cuffs done by a tailor . What do you think ( There are pictures of the suit posted on the forum)