1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brioni, say it aint so

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Jun 21, 2006.

1. demeis

demeis Well-Known Member

Some of you may remember my post about Brioni changing its tie manufacurer this season, to a cheaper brand and they are no longer using Italo Ferretti to make their ties. I just heard today that Zegna is their new manufacture from a pretty reliable source. Sad day for Brioni's neckwear.

2. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

The Zegna Couture ties is quite decent. I assume the Brioni ties will be made to Couture line standard or higher.

3. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

4. ccffm1

ccffm1 Well-Known Member

What a pitty. BTW, I´d always thought Brioni was using one of the tie makers of the Brioni Group. At least at one point they were made by Santostefano, which was renamed into Sabri some time ago. Or am I completely wrong?

5. demeis

demeis Well-Known Member

Santostefano is the same tie as Italo Ferretti. And from what i hear its not the coture line of Zegna ties.