1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brioni in European Sizing versus American Sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jakeyt, Mar 2, 2013.

1. jakeyt

jakeyt Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience here? I noticed the European sizing is a bit smaller? So like a V = 17.5. Does anyone have experience on how to buy the sizing as a European size versus American? Should I try to go a size up?

2. jakeyt

jakeyt Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  3. Ivar

Ivar Well-Known Member

Even if they exist, ruminating over these differences is pointless: either you don't have the measurements, and then it's a no-go, or you do, and then it's a non-issue.

4. Hacking jacket

Hacking jacket Well-Known Member

Be careful the differences are huge. UK/ USA sizes are very similar, EU sizes are much smaller. There's are lots conversion charts online

5. Nicola

Nicola Well-Known Member

Sizing for what?

Shirts? V? If you mean a five then the number system has mostly fallen out of use in Italy. A five is okay for me but I'm a 16 shirt. 5/V being an Italian L usually.