• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brexit Bargains

crossfi73

Reaction score
Good Day!

As many are aware, regardless of which side of the aisle you may lean, the recent Brexit turmoil has essentially put British goods "on sale" for those of us across the pond. What a wonderful excuse to break out the wallet
colgate.gif

Problem is, I've typically purchased primarily American products, with a 3-4 pair dabbling in the Carmina world when the Euro declined last year (another great excuse to go shopping while it lasted). In my search so far, what has most captured my heart (and the hearts of many) has been the EG Galways, ideally in a makeup like these (credit to tifosi for the picture I stole):

LL

Now I'm not sure I want to shell out EG money at the moment, but I also know there are many options for Galways at lower price points. I'm sure the wise crowd out there will have many suggestions for me. I've looked at C&J, Loake, and G&G and have not found the right shoe/price yet.

Appreciate any thoughts!

Edit: Some manufacturers/retailers are difficult for me to order from due to sizing. I wear a 11.5-12UK depending on brand/last, which is not often carried by resellers.

Last edited:

ultramantaro

Reaction score
I'm not in the right income bracket for G&G and EG
biggrin.gif
, but here's what I was able to buy based on a favorable pound to USD ratio:

2 pairs of Cheaneys (one monkstrap and one country brogue balmoral), both on sale for $210 USD after shipping (if you can get around the site with tricky location setting and shipping you might likely pay another 10% less)

1 pair of Santoni double monk from Selfridges. Was able to complete a full transaction in pounds. Regularly at 580 pounds, and shipped to the US for 265 pounds (around $340)

I did however spent a fair amount of time digging around UK shoe sites, and a lot of sizes are gone. There are definitely still deals to be had with a little bit of work and luck on sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads