1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Boycott Red Wings?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Arethusa, Aug 8, 2010.

1. ahe

ahe Well-Known Member

Damn I want their boots more now.

2. onion

onion Well-Known Member

3. Nosu3

Nosu3 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. onion

onion Well-Known Member

I will say this is the first I've heard of BP compensating station owners. I had heard previously they had made no effort whatsoever to help. Glad they decided to stop being a dick about it.

Also I have read the majority of gas station owners are still under ironclad contracts with BP, and they do not have the option of switching who they buy oil from, or whose name appears on the sign for many years to come.

Furthermore just because people enter a contract with Exxon, does not mean you will get Exxon oil. Trade agreements between oil companies are everywhere. As I understand it, there are gas reserves in certain spots across the country. If you own a gas station, and have a contract to use Exxon gas, but your station is 1,000 miles from Exxon's reserves, and 50 miles from BP's, you will be getting 100% BP gas, even though you are under contract with Exxon, and vice versa. So my point is, money is still going to BP through these trade agreements.

Also here's a good article on why all gas companies pretty much suck anyways (though I still personally think BP is one, if not the worst [yes, I actually hate BP, too]): Boycott BP! Because it’s much better to give your money to Exxon.

5. theuserman

theuserman Member

6. JustinW

JustinW Well-Known Member

I placed my order for black cherry GTs at the Right Wing store this morning - $220 plus state sales tax.

7. Nosu3

Nosu3 Well-Known Member

ll

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  8. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Well-Known Member

9. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Well-Known Member

How has this threak not been moved to the CEsspool?

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

I heard Red Wing uses leather from cows and cows are people too!

Best poast in threak.

11. aschrock

aschrock Well-Known Member

Definition of irony: posters on an Internet board devoted to spending money on disposable style taking a stance against expressing opinions through consumerism.

12. JustinW

JustinW Well-Known Member

Definition of irony: posters on an Internet board devoted to spending money on disposable style taking a stance against expressing opinions through consumerism.

49 more poasts and you can share your wisdom in the CE! [​IMG]

13. Hehlol

Hehlol Well-Known Member

look how dumb you are

Explain? I know it's just so much more convenient to 'boycott' luxuries than something of real importance, I understand.

14. Transcendental

Transcendental Well-Known Member

Would you boycott them for giving money to any political party/agenda?

+1

15. Nosu3

Nosu3 Well-Known Member

+1

It has only brought attention to the issue of corporations trying to buy elections. If you haven't noticed, this has quickly moved from a gay rights / social issue to the concern over corporate impact on candidates being elected.

here is an entertaining video to follow-up:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

It has only brought attention to the issue of corporations trying to buy elections. If you haven't noticed, this has quickly moved from a gay rights / social issue to the concern over corporate impact on candidates being elected.

here is an entertaining video to follow-up:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I am sympathetic to the plight of the gays and the unions, but that is the worst protest performance I've ever seen. It makes me want to take the side of whoever they are opposed to.

17. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that people wont buy something just because the company donates money to some thing they don't agree with. Pure stupidity.

how is that stupidity?
    but supporting a company who in turn furthers a view that is against your interests/belief system...you are directly supporting something you don't agree with your dollars.