1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Booze for a party

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by reado, Oct 13, 2006.

1. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Well-Known Member

to base their marketing on branding and not actual product categories.

Canadian Club and Crown Royal may be rye whiskeys (and worthy additions to any liquor cabinet) but that's not the first name that comes to mind when
    discussing these products.

Well in Canada, the term Rye is used way mroe than whiskey. If I go the bar, I (and others) order a "rye and coke." Maybe the drink itself is just more popular here. I would say it is much more common for somebody to show up with a bottle of Crown or Royal Reserve (Ryes) in oppose to Jack Daniels.