1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Bootcut Ola

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jufros, Mar 10, 2007.

1. jufros

jufros Well-Known Member

2 Questions:

Should I not size down? I don't want a skin tight fit necessarily but I'd like them to fit slim.

I'm about 6' and 165 lbs. If I get a 31/34 should I have them hemmed to a 32? I'm under the impression that Nudies are sanforized and therefore the inseam won't shrink when I finally get around to washing these. Will hemming them decrease the bootcut? I'm a pretty skinny guy but I have a pretty built upper body. I like the fit on my APC NS in the seat after 2 weeks or so but am not 100% into the tapered leg (its definitely growing on me though). I really liked the fit of my old diesel zathans before they died on me and I had to throw em out and the Ola's look like they'd fit pretty well.

Thanks.

2. Babar

Babar Well-Known Member

They run very slim, about a size smaller than the RRDS I would say. The inseam is also pretty short for its tagged size. I'm 6'2" and the 32/34 has no stacking at all (I think the inseam's 33,5" or something). Definitely not a jean you'd want to size down.

3. mikesduc

mikesduc Well-Known Member

If you liked your Zathan's you should be aware that the Ola has an anti-fit seat. The waist will stretch like a bitch also. Not knocking the Ola. I have a pair and they are great summer jeans at 11oz. They are just not that similar to Zathan's IMO.

Also consider SDA 105 and D1002. Top is more like a Zathan cut than Ola with a small bootcut.

4. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

I have a 30" waist comfortably in RRDS and couldnt even button up the 30" waist in olas. So no dont size down and yes the inseams run about 0.5" smaller than tagged

5. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

better buy them quick, they stop production on these in a month or so..

6. tljenkin

tljenkin Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack, but is the fit of the Bootcut Ola similar to the Rag and Bone 11 or the 6? I am looking to buy a pair of RB's with a fit similar to the Ola's for somebody.