1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

booo......ts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dhinggok, Aug 11, 2006.

1. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

#2. The BR's toe box looks a little too high, a little clunky.

3. familyman

familyman Well-Known Member

4. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

They are both so-so but 1 is better

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

1... what happened to your varvatos ones?

6. dhinggok

dhinggok Well-Known Member

got the varvatos in black.... just looking to diversify.... but given my environment (collegiate environment), i think a different investment would garner larger returns, so to say

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

I get the lower priced one of them. Chelsea boots are a must have--wore some today.

8. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

#1 isn't too bad at all.

9. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

Assuming we're talking full retail, I vote neither. If we're talking sale, I wouldn't do it unless I got at least 50% off and I was just looking for a pair of knock-around shoes. In that case, probably #2

there were a ton of BR boots on ebay a while back. either chelseas or jodhpurs.

i would get neither. BR's tend to fall apart quickly, and polish poorly. i was disappointed with every pair i've bought. and i bought them all on sale, between 19.99 and 45.00.

j&m's are j&m's. slightly better than BR, but not worth it at full retail either, unless we're talking aristocrafts. and at that point, you should just go to AE , Alden, C&J or Brooks.

10. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

I bought my BR for about $50 around xmas last year. I don't think they are worth full price though, and I'm not really a huge fan of them.