1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

BoO / Gilt Fallout

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Davidko19, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

Alright boys, I figure most of us were on there promptly at noon going through the large selection like crazy. This was the most hyped/anticipated sale Ive seen yet.

There were some misses, but plenty of hits and tons of things taken out from us. All in all though...what kind of damage did you do?

Me - $304

Wool Boat shoes - $68
    [​IMG]

Plum Stripe Oxford Button Down - $108
    [​IMG]

Brown and White Mini Stripe Tie - $58
    [​IMG]

Champagne Tonal Stripe Tie - $58
    [​IMG]

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

The ties are nice. I didn't have enough money though. I love the 1 BoO tie i have (royal weave). Those wool shoes are really nice too.

3. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Well-Known Member

I was trying to get a pair of boat shoes, I was able to get the wool ones in my cart but I just felt a bit weird with them being wool and all...

Ended not being able to get anything for myself, but picked up a plum striped oxford and chocolate overdyed oxford for Vashin (Canada)

4. michaelp123

michaelp123 Well-Known Member

Just this. Trying to control the spending these days. Multi Check Shirt $108 [​IMG]

5. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Plum Stripe Oxford Button Down - $108
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Had that in my cart but let it go[​IMG]

6. inviscid

inviscid Well-Known Member

got the wool boat shoes as well.
    wanted the leather, but somone nabbed it in my hesitation.

OP (or anyone who definitely knows) : how did you size yours?

7. Vashin

Vashin Well-Known Member

I was trying to get a pair of boat shoes, I was able to get the wool ones in my cart but I just felt a bit weird with them being wool and all...

Ended not being able to get anything for myself, but picked up a plum striped oxford and chocolate overdyed oxford for Vashin (Canada)

thanks for the proxy, the leather boat BOOTS are still around lol. But I guess not so summerish

8. chronoaug

i sized my boots just like my actual sperrys. true to size. in retrospect, i may have wanted to go a half size up to wear thicker socks with them. hmm......

if someone had direct experience with them, i'd appreciate it.

warlok/cldspu- how did you guys size them?

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

They size same as sperry. Pretty much TTS. Anyone want to do me a favour and proxy me something?

10. inviscid

i've never bought sperry's before. can anyone say how they fit in relation to wallabees/chucks?

11. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Well-Known Member

JD, If you can tell me within the next 10 minutes or so, I'll do it cause it'll combine shipping.

12. chronoaug

i've never bought sperry's before. can anyone say how they fit in relation to wallabees/chucks?
    Since clarks/chucks fit bigger than normal, sperrys fit a half size to full size larger. I'm a 10 in chucks but 10.5 in sperry though.

13. cldpsu

cldpsu Well-Known Member

I'm 13 so I bought a 13. I wear an insole too so I never bother sizing down. I really have a hard time agreeing that so many shoes run big anyways... they always feel true to size for me, at least in length.

14. surrender

surrender Well-Known Member

$207 here - $128 for the leather boat boots and and $68 for the black nylon boat shoes, both size 8.5, plus shipping.

The ties were a bit underwhelming, but I already own this one and I'm surprised that nobody has snatched it up yet:
    http://www.gilt.com/s/bandmen/product/8733745

15. knugget

knugget Well-Known Member

Really? I ended up getting the BoOxSperry loafers and they are the same size as my Clarks.

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

whoa, cool had no idea.

17. inviscid

thanks chrono... i bought a 9.5 and i wear a 9.5 in chucks and a 9 in wallabees... hopefully they're not too tight since i'll go sockless. too bad, though: anyone else feel like the wool is too stuffy for summer? i really wanted the leather [​IMG]

18. chronoaug

My 10.5 sperry navy boat shoes fit me well sockless. I definitely couldn't do a 10, but probably could do an 11 if i wanted to wear socks. Makes me think i shouldn't just bought 11 in those boots. Hmm.... Maybe i'll try to switch it up if 11 is still available

19. djs488

djs488 Well-Known Member

I picked up the black nylon boat shoes in a 10.5 and also the grey purple/pink rep tie. Pretty excited fore the black boat shoes, impossible to find in that color.