1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

I like it better that way...hbo does well when they have the storylines overlap different seasons, not everything needs to be solved in one season. That being said something has to get solved in this last episode. The previous 3 season finalies have all been great so I am looking forward to this one.

1 person likes this.
  2. Stugotes

Stugotes Well-Known Member

Someone will probably die, yes.

My hopes are high for Agent Knox or Dr. Narcisse.

3. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

Louis Gossett got 1 episode

4. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

It's just weird that Livingston was only in 6 of 11 episodes so far (and probably won't be in the finale) and got front credit billing as a series regular. Brian Geraghty (Agent Knox) was in more episodes and had a much bigger role. It could be just a matter of cachet, but I hope this isn't the last we see of the Pinkertons.

5. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Well-Known Member

6. upthewazzu

upthewazzu Well-Known Member

Agree 100000000000%. Seriously. FUCK.

7. landshark

landshark Well-Known Member

Loved the fight with Eli and Knox, so intense!

Misfortune strikes Chalky, Gillian, Daughter and possibly Narcisse? They all ended up in total opposite places than the way we normally see their characters.

Maybe an interesting perspective, as Gillian says, "Why can men do whatever they want?" The people who got really screwed were either black or female.

Glad Nucky didn't kill Eli, but interested to see where the characters are at next season.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  8. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

What happened to Daughter? All I saw was her singing in some small club at the end.

9. Van Veen

Getting sick of the trope of giving characters a seemingly happy ending, then killing them. It's really transparent.

Richard's death lost almost all effect for me because I knew it was coming the second he put Julia and Tommy on that train to Wisconsin.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  10. Willie5566

Willie5566 Well-Known Member

Disappointed. Hated that Chalky's daughter was killed. Hate that Narcisse is still alive and there really was no closure. No closure for Chalky. Just too much left open.

Chicago will be by far the best part of next season if the show follows through. Al is in charge now. Eli will be there and Van Alden appears to be a full time gangster now.

11. upthewazzu

Yep, agreed. Said that to my wife the moment it happened.

12. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Well-Known Member

Sigh...

What is so frustrating for me is how desperate and contrived killing Richard is. I can't help but wonder if the creators and writers are aware that when it comes to the rest of the cast, the audience really doesn't have any skin in the game. It's like they know 99% of the show is incapable of delivering anything dramatic because we already know the characters are doomed or they are so corrupted by the series moral universe we find it hard to care. So they are forced to do shit like this.

I know drama is inherently manipulative, but the trick is making it feel like it couldn't' be any other way. And this show hasn't had that for a long time.

13. brlfvr

brlfvr Well-Known Member

Although this was a great season for me. I was too disappointed with the season finale. I think they are hard to write, as seems to be the case with a lot of shows. I thought last season's finale was bad as well. As for Richard as much as I liked him I felt they had taken his story as far as they could. Really what would they do, show him happy with his new life? What left me confused was that now that Knox has been killed by Eli would the feds have come immediately for Will? There seem to be no concern on his or Nucky's part in their final conversation.

14. upthewazzu

I thought the Feds were coming for Eli..or maybe I misheard? Also, they never really explained why Narcisse was arrested and then "told' to say that a black guy killed Agent Knox. Did Nucky pay them off again after his meeting with them at the train station? He didn't seem the least bit concerned when he was talking to Will (who I think was heading back up to Temple?).

I think I need to read a recap...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  15. Van Veen

I think it's safe to ditch the spoilers at this point.

The Feds were coming for Eli. The Narcisse thing is all about Hoover's ego. He (at least the show version) doesn't give a shit about organized crime and Knox. He cares about radicals, commies, etc. He found a silver lining in the situation since Narcisse was connected to Marcus Garvey.

16. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Well-Known Member

Chalky's daughters death was heartbraking...That was a great scene and I so wanted Richard to kill Narcsse. I am glad Eli and Chalky are ok for next season and despite liking RIchard,i am notthat upset about it. It was a nice scene at the end.

17. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

I was a little sad to see RIchard go but apart from him ditching AC with his wife and child, I'm not sure what else they could've done with his character. The death of Chalky's girl was bad too. I remember my exact expression being, "Fuck".

18. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Sometimes I forget what I look like. Then I pass a mirror, and I remember. I stare sometimes at my face, and can’t recall how I was before." - Richard Farrow

I've been rooting for Harrow to win since the first episode he appeared on. Hands down one of the best characters on the show.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  19. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Well-Known Member

Nucky must've worked out a deal in the likes that they could arrest Narcisse on the murder of Agent Knox, but give him an ultimatum, either working with them to help edgar and get the "radicals" and "communist". J. Edgar less interested in actually solving Knox's murder who he didn't even care for. So Nucky told them Narcisse is linked up with Marcus Garvey and such. Leading to Edgar putting the blame on Agent Knox's murder on someone else, giving Eli a pass, and J.Edgar Hoover gets what he wants….A C.I. with ties to M. Garvey.

This whole season Edgar has been more interested in radical's and Communists, over some gangsters peddling liquor.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013