1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

Chalky White is such a badass.

Omar Little was more badass overall though ;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Your coworker was smart. Private eye is close to what Roy really was. Poor Jillian always getting screwed over.

1 person likes this.
  3. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

My wife and I watched that scene in the parking garage and right after Roy shot the guy, we both were like "something is up, that looked like a set-up scene and not a real shooting." And as soon as she starting confessing we realized that we were right about it being a ruse.

So, does Chalky pull a Richard and go on a rampage next week?

4. RedLantern

RedLantern Well-Known Member

I'm still unclear as to weather Nucky actually meant to sell-out Chalky to Narcisse?

5. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Well-Known Member

No. He didn't realize that Bader was in Narcisse's pocket

1 person likes this.
  6. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Well-Known Member

Expected more from this episode".

7. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

Same here... No Chicago, no New York, no villain showing up. For a pen-ultimate episode it was incredibly weak.

8. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

The lady made me pause to gloat about how she figured out the Roy thing episodes ago when they were in the diner.

Did anyone catch what Leander (sideburns guy/Junior Soprano) said during the reveal scene? I am wondering how he was involved.

This whole storyline seems like an extended C-plot to write Gillian out.

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Very elaborate but I won't be sad to see her go.

10. ANIKETOS

I didn't know who the group that came after chalky and the girl was??? Any insights?? It didn't help that I was watching while the wife was asleep but I thought I heard the, say they were there for the girl

11. Van Veen

I assumed it's Narcisse's men, but I immediately thought that Daughter ran back to Narcisse until they said "we're here for the girl."

1 person likes this.
  12. Stugotes

Stugotes Well-Known Member

Yeah, though she's a bitch for killing innocent Roger, I still felt sorry for her.

Waiting for Nucky to find out that Eli is a rat. Will he stand by his brother? Will they try to get rid of the agent?

13. ANIKETOS

The Jillian set up was too elaborate and it doesn't make sense really..it's not like he had a wire or anything and depends on the testimony of people who were standing far away. Plus she could have confessed it at different times when they were all alone. Plus who would go to those lengths to get a confession.i mean the guy slept with her and helped her with her addiction. Another thing would be what if she didn't confess?? Would he have moved somewhere with her. Worse what if she called the police on him? Awkward

As for the Eli snitching,why doesn't he just tell Nuk about it,they can kill the cop off or feed him bad info or info that is helpful to them. I mean killing was soo easy back then,you could easily get away with it...it was a good time to be a gangster :slayer:

14. Stugotes

Stugotes Well-Known Member

Well d'uh, there weren't any wires back then. As you say, it was a great time to be a gangster, because investigation technologies weren't really there yet. So they did the only reasonable thing and had several guys in hearing distance to testify to Gillian's confession.

And they actually tried to make her confess before, when that one "friend" of Roger approached them in the restaurant.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  15. ANIKETOS

That's my point...I didn't say they had wires I said it wouldn't hold up because it's not like they had wires,it's a testimony about hearing something from 20m away and from people whose motives can be questioned. Not enough in court

16. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Im with you on the whol Jillian sub-plot this season. Thats why I didnt initially belive my coworkers theory. Seemed a little much for an unimportant character. They easily could have had her just OD and that be the end of it. Why bring a semi famous actor to play a small role as a PI for a season?

17. Van Veen

After rethinking this, I don't think we've seen the last of Gillian or Roy. There may be a bigger plan here. Gillian's confession may be leveraged to try to bring down Nucky. The Pinkertons can manipulate her more before she gets anywhere close to a courtroom. This seems too elaborate to be a throwaway plot.

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Nucky doesn't have any particular fondness or connection to her. What would be the hook?

19. Van Veen

Not exactly sure... you're right that she doesn't have a strong enough connection to Nucky to bring him down. It just seems so elaborate to be just revenge by Leander, and I know historically the Pinkertons tried to leverage confessions to bring down bigger fish.

20. upthewazzu

upthewazzu Well-Known Member

Been wondering about this myself. Why in the world didn't he or Eddie just tell Nucky what was going on and have Nucky take care of the prohie? Seems like an easy solution to a big problem. Maybe I'm missing something. I also thought that maybe Eli was going to double-cross the agent, but it doesn't seem like its going in that direction.

Also, since we've only got one episode left, I have a feeling that Dr. Narcisse is going to be around for the long haul. This isn't a one-and-done scenario like the guy last season.