1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Boardwalk Empire

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jekyll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

"Bone for tuna."

[​IMG]

2. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

Man that guy is so sensitive to everything.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Mixed feelings on the show. Out maneuvering that doctor with the Bishop shows just what a conniving bint Schroder is. Nucky had better watch his back.

I hope this show does not get formulaic in each season starts with Nucky's enemies all lining up against him and ends with him vanquishing all his enemies. Shooting Jimmy was a great one time thing; I don't want to see Nucky do something like that every season.

4. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Van Alden trying to force a smile was :crackup:

5. Beingjbot

Hes my favorite character reminds me of breaking bad a bit

6. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

The show needs to either cull some characters or bring some of them back together. It's getting hard to keep track of all of them.

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

You must have the attention span of a cricket.

8. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

The show should be renamed IBTC

9. Anthony K

Anthony K Well-Known Member

That was hilarious.

Man is he ever. You almost can't say a word to him because he might take it the wrong way.

The previews for next week look really good.

10. Beingjbot

I think he feels like Nucky is trolling him and treating him like a dumb fuck thats why he got offended when he said good luck because he doesn't want luck from Nucky. I do think hes like a 1920 jersey shore dude though.

11. Joffrey

everything offends him. If Nucky farted and asked to be excused, he'd get offended

12. munchausen

lol I don't mean that I can't tell who is who. I mean the show has trouble keeping track of them. Worse, the only characters getting any regular screen time are Margaret, who hasn't been interesting in a long time, and Rosetti, who is a terrible, cliche and nonsense character. And the great characters like Chalky, Harrow, Van Alden are lucky to show up once every three episodes. To say nothing of Luciano/Lanksy/Siegel and Capone, who are barely present at all.

I think Rosetti is a lame character, and an unbelievable one. Why not just kill him? He doesn't seem to be connected to anyone and all he does is cause trouble. I would think Nucky or Rothstein would have already taken care of him by now.

13. GreenNYC

GreenNYC Well-Known Member

Rosetti has some good lines but he's out of central casting for a goomba. Need more Chalky White!

14. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

I don't think the writers have done a good job showing how powerful Rosetti is, and why you probably just can't kill him. Same with Remus. I do like seeing Stephen Root (Milton) on the show though, hopefully he gets more screen time.

15. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

+1. I recognized the voice instantly.

16. munchausen

Stephen Root will always be Jimmy James or Bill Dauterive to me.

17. Joffrey

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

:slayer:

18. SD1

SD1 Well-Known Member

Rosetti is not a historical character, so they can whack him without affecting the timeline.

One interesting scene- The one with Lansky's gopher running heroin uptown. The Mafia and associated Jewish racketeers were the primary drivers of heroin trafficking throughout the first half of the 20th century, continuing to some extent into the early 80s. In fact the first federal agency that realized the extent of the Mafia nationwide (and ties to the old country) was the old Bureau of Narcotics, long before the FBI was on their tail. The notion that the Mafia never touched drugs is pure fiction.

19. Anthony K

Anthony K Well-Known Member

The gopher was Ben Siegel. Lucky was notorious for bringing narcotics into the United States. In the 70s after the French Connection was busted, the Bonanno Family brought in a faction of Zips from Sicily and started up the Pizza Connection to sell heroin.

20. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

BONE
    FOR
    TUNA

(Yes, I'm easily amused.)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012