• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

most of the women in Boardwalk i find unattractive, even Paz, she annoys the **** out of me. Now that woman with the Louise Brooks bob Nucky was eyeing at, awwwwwww yyeaaaahhhh. Shame there was no follow up to that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't stand Paz.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paz de le Huerta is rough looking for sure. ********* though.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jimmy is the worst crime boss ever. Two botched hits on two dangerous guys? I can't imagine you last long in this business doing that.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

most of the women in Boardwalk i find unattractive, even Paz, she annoys the **** out of me. Now that woman with the Louise Brooks bob Nucky was eyeing at, awwwwwww yyeaaaahhhh. Shame there was no follow up to that.

Gretchen Mol is pretty sexy, even though she looks like Jimmy's mom like I look like Count Chocula.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jimmy is the worst crime boss ever. Two botched hits on two dangerous guys? I can't imagine you last long in this business doing that.

I don't think he arranged the second hit, he just didn't do anything about it. Also, what a horrible weapon to do a hit with.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You watch the same episode I watched because Jimmy was in the room when they decided to kill the butcher. Declining to stop it is just as bad as ordering it. Plus he already was insulting him the same night he pushed the laugher off the balcony. No, Jimmy wanted him out.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You watch the same episode I watched because Jimmy was in the room when they decided to kill the butcher. Declining to stop it is just as bad as ordering it. Plus he already was insulting him the same night he pushed the laugher off the balcony. No, Jimmy wanted him out.

Well, as I remember it Jimmy was approached and asked if he would have a problem with the Butcher getting killed which he said he might. I don't know if declining to stop it is the same as ordering it.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More correct but still paraphrasing:

"Is killing the butcher going to be a problem?"

"It might. But not mine."

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More correct but still paraphrasing:
"Is killing the butcher going to be a problem?"
"It might. But not mine."

I think he's asked if killing the butcher would be a problem which he answers "It might be"

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had just watched the episode, and I am 100% positive he said it would be a problem, but not his.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

I had just watched the episode, and I am 100% positive he said it would be a problem, but not his.

he did and there's no question about it. He doesn't dismiss it as a trivial matter, and in doing so acknowledges its importance, but he also says it isn't his problem.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So who's problem is it? Nucky's? Since the butcher found the AC matchbook on the assassin, would he think he was betrayed by Jimmy or think Nucky was going after him? When I first caught the dialog I thought he meant it'd be the butchers problem, but now I'm rethinking it. How about CHalky White since a retired Nucky leaves him by his lonesome and he's a major competitor to the Butcher?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads