1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

BMW - The official car of the douchebag?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lance konami, Mar 17, 2008.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Here is a very non-douchebag BMW: [​IMG]

2. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

According to this, it averages 12 MPG, which is not bad at all:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1193.html

You could probably beat a lot of fast modern cars with the 6.9.

wasnt there an even bigger MB unit which was diesel? something like a 7.4? now that's some asphalt rippling torque

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

wasnt there an even bigger MB unit which was diesel? something like a 7.4? now that's some asphalt rippling torque
    For sedans, I'm only aware of the W116 6.9, the earlier 6.3, which was used in the W109 chassis 300SEL 6.3, and originally in the larger M100 Grosser 600 series. There were also AMG tuned versions of the 6.9 before AMG was bought up by Mercedes as their in-house tuner.

4. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Well-Known Member

5. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

apologies for the thread hijack but it seemed like an appropriate place for the "Top 10 items only douchebags buy"
    I definitely agree with the Bluetooth headsets being on the list.

6. rkw5000

rkw5000 Well-Known Member

A lot of Bentley drivers are simply rich-mid-life-crisis douchebags as far as I can tell.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

A lot of Bentley drivers are simply rich-mid-life-crisis douchebags as far as I can tell.

Or rappers.

8. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Prius drivers are the biggest douchebags. I have yet to see someone drive a Prius who had the skill to handle anything more complex than a tricycle, but the fact that they are so self-righteous while driving badly makes this a true douchemobile. The fact that Prius's really aren't environmentally friendly adds ignorance to the equation as well.

9. BrettChaotix

Didn't John Travolta drive a Prius in that horrible sequel "Be Cool" ?

Scientologist + Prius driver = double-douchebag?

10. A Canuker

A Canuker Well-Known Member

That top ten list ws nearly dead on, the rankings could have changed around. Bluetooth headsets are #1 on my list, but I would say the ones that are attatched to sunglasses rank even higher. www.oakley.ca/pd/2261 I have a friend that comes to my gym once in a very long while who will not leave these stupid glasses/phone in his locker. Sad but I have had to tell him that no one wants to listen to his conversations while working out, let alone with those glasses on....sad when your friends rank on the douchebaging list....where does a mullet fit in?

11. BrettChaotix

A good question, properly addressed here:

[​IMG]

12. mink31

mink31 Well-Known Member

That top ten list ws nearly dead on, the rankings could have changed around. Bluetooth headsets are #1 on my list,

In the car, bluetooths are (for me at least) much more convenient--not to mention less-distracting and safer--than using my phone. I know I look like a douche wearing one, but I really could care less how I look when driving.

Wearing them around when not in the car...that's totally different.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

In the car, bluetooths are (for me at least) much more convenient--not to mention less-distracting and safer--than using my phone. I know I look like a douche wearing one, but I really could care less how I look when driving.

Wearing them around when not in the car...that's totally different.

I've heard of a lot of studies (far too lazy to look them up for you) saying that wearing a bluetooth isn't really any safer, as you're no less distracted than if you were holding the phone to your ear.

But, if it makes you feel safer, then why not?

14. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

I didn't bother reading this whole thread, but BMW makes some awesome cars. Who care who else drives them?

15. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

I've heard of a lot of studies (far too lazy to look them up for you) saying that wearing a bluetooth isn't really any safer, as you're no less distracted than if you were holding the phone to your ear.

But, if it makes you feel safer, then why not?

The only thing is that you can have both hands on the wheel instead of one; but, I agree that you will be just as distracted talking to your wife the phone as thru bluetooth.

16. BrettChaotix

I think that as long as the ear piece goes on in the car and comes off before you leave the car, you'll get a pass on the douchebag label.

17. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

I think that as long as the ear piece goes on in the car and comes off before you leave the car, you'll get a pass on the douchebag label.

Unless said car is a BMW?

[​IMG]

18. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I have a car that has a manual transmission that makes holding a cell phone while trying to change gears nearly impossible and certainly unsafe. Thus, I use a bluetooth headset only when I'm about to make a call or when a call comes in. I hate it but when I'm driving that car I feel as though I don't have another choice except not to use the phone at all.

19. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

I didn't bother reading this whole thread, but BMW makes some awesome cars. Who care who else drives them?

You are correct, sir.

20. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

I have a car that has a manual transmission that makes holding a cell phone while trying to change gears nearly impossible and certainly unsafe. Thus, I use a bluetooth headset only when I'm about to make a call or when a call comes in. I hate it but when I'm driving that car I feel as though I don't have another choice except not to use the phone at all.
    Actaully, you could use a headset with a wire.