1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Blue Dress Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BBscone, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

I think the forum is ready for formal pumps in midnight blue.

2. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

We have had a few pics of a midnight blue Berluti patina...

3. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I have the navy EG Chelseas from KG. My shoe shine guy chuckles at them. I don't think anyone else has ever noticed. I do polish them with black.
    And I polish my black shoes with blue.

4. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Well-Known Member

And I polish my black shoes with blue.

As do I.

Also have a pair of purple wholecuts - not sure what had gotten into me when I ordered those (a lot of wine if I recall correctly), but they are fantastic fun

5. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

As do I.

Also have a pair of purple wholecuts - not sure what had gotten into me when I ordered those (a lot of wine if I recall correctly), but they are fantastic fun

I recall seeing a pair of Lobb's in Museum Plum, a nice version of purple. They were surprisingly stunning.

6. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These are stunning.

7. superfans124

superfans124 Well-Known Member

Beijing -> D.C. -> HK -> Beijing -> now where?
    am I colorblind? cuz I honestly don't see the blue in some of the shoes posted [​IMG]

8. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

am I colorblind? cuz I honestly don't see the blue in some of the shoes posted [​IMG]

Do you see the blue here?

9. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Can you see the blue in the above photo I quoted?

I've seen some blue shoes in person that looked black until I payed attention to them - at that time, my "search image" for shoes excluded blue shoes and my mind assumed they were black.

10. gazman70k

gazman70k Well-Known Member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Stefano Bemer for Valextra

11. superfans124

superfans124 Well-Known Member

Beijing -> D.C. -> HK -> Beijing -> now where?
    Can you see the blue in the above photo I quoted?

I've seen some blue shoes in person that looked black until I payed attention to them - at that time, my "search image" for shoes excluded blue shoes and my mind assumed they were black.

no, I can't see the blue in gdl203's shoe, I can "sort of" see it in master classter's from the glare after an intense staring session.

oh well, it's probably 1. I am colorblind, 2. my mind's been playing tricks on me, or 3. my laptop screen.

12. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

Stefano Bemer for Valextra
    - & here IRL
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark blue or navy is the new black!

13. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

That's cute. You buddies bought the same shoes?

[​IMG]

14. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Well-Known Member

That's cute. You buddies bought the same shoes?
    - I just want to say I was first

15. ThomasoAIK

ThomasoAIK Well-Known Member

Phat Guido's captoe bluchers looks damn good

16. gazman70k

gazman70k Well-Known Member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    That's cute. You buddies bought the same shoes? [​IMG]
    It's all f@rked up in HK. We have rostered blue shoe day now. I get every second Mondays and Wednesdays. PG gets second Tuesdays and Fridays. MaoX2 and PG have the same Alden shoes. They Blackberry Message each other in the morning to work out who wears what. A scissor, paper, rock via video chat settles any dispute. We all have the same F@rked up button down collars. We all source our MOP buttons from the same shop (in total we all bought 10,000 pieces because they only do wholesale). Since then, we have started a credit system based on buttons. MaoX2 owes me three sets of shirt MOP while I owe Luk-cha five sets of smoked MOP and 3 meters of Holland and Sherry Summer Mohair. PG owes everyone buttons in mixed combinations. When one buys Corthay's the next F@raker goes get Corthay's too. We each have our own Mystery Tailor until one day, Mystery Tailor scheduled back to back fittings between Luk-Cha, PG, MaoX2, Walneal and I. You should have seen our faces when we found out cause we thought it was cool. It felt like I was sleeping with the cheerleader that F@rked the whole footy team where she took 12 facials Maria Ozawa style. We share Lane Crawford VIP cards and we need to call "shotgun" on items like you do with chicks in high school. Wait till GShen hits town because that's when the Sh!t will really hit the Prince of Wales check. And we cleaned out Valextra when they had 60% off. A party favourite is when yfyf, PG and MaoX2 break out their white leather accessories, mix them all up and they have to find their belongings. Loser shouts a bottle of Macallan after Luk-cha bargains down the price of a bottle. We then plot how we are going to mind F@rk the rest of you SF iblokes. I need to get off this Fire Island!

17. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

I recall seeing a pair of Lobb's in Museum Plum, a nice version of purple. They were surprisingly stunning.

they make chukkas?

18. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

It's all f@rked up in HK. We have rostered blue shoe day now. I get every second Mondays and Wednesdays. PG gets second Tuesdays and Fridays. MaoX2 and PG have the same Alden shoes. They Blackberry Message each other in the morning to work out who wears what. A scissor, paper, rock via video chat settles any dispute. We all have the same F@rked up button down collars. We all source our MOP buttons from the same shop (in total we all bought 10,000 pieces because they only do wholesale). Since then, we have started a credit system based on buttons. MaoX2 owes me three sets of shirt MOP while I owe Luk-cha five sets of smoked MOP and 3 meters of Holland and Sherry Summer Mohair. PG owes everyone buttons in mixed combinations. When one buys Corthay's the next F@raker goes get Corthay's too. We each have our own Mystery Tailor until one day, Mystery Tailor scheduled back to back fittings between Luk-Cha, PG, MaoX2, Walneal and I. You should have seen our faces when we found out cause we thought it was cool. It felt like I was sleeping with the cheerleader that F@rked the whole footy team where she took 12 facials Maria Ozawa style. We share Lane Crawford VIP cards and we need to call "shotgun" on items like you do with chicks in high school. Wait till GShen hits town because that's when the Sh!t will really hit the Prince of Wales check. And we cleaned out Valextra when they had 60% off. A party favourite is when yfyf, PG and MaoX2 break out their white leather accessories, mix them all up and they have to find their belongings. Loser shouts a bottle of Macallan after Luk-cha bargains down the price of a bottle. We then plot how we are going to mind F@rk the rest of you SF iblokes. I need to get off this Fire Island!

Is this ASCII art? I can't see it!!

19. yfyf

yfyf Well-Known Member

That is so fucked up.

20. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

It's all f@rked up in HK. We have rostered blue shoe day now. I get every second Mondays and Wednesdays. PG gets second Tuesdays and Fridays. MaoX2 and PG have the same Alden shoes. They Blackberry Message each other in the morning to work out who wears what. A scissor, paper, rock via video chat settles any dispute. We all have the same F@rked up button down collars. We all source our MOP buttons from the same shop (in total we all bought 10,000 pieces because they only do wholesale). Since then, we have started a credit system based on buttons. MaoX2 owes me three sets of shirt MOP while I owe Luk-cha five sets of smoked MOP and 3 meters of Holland and Sherry Summer Mohair. PG owes everyone buttons in mixed combinations. When one buys Corthay's the next F@raker goes get Corthay's too. We each have our own Mystery Tailor until one day, Mystery Tailor scheduled back to back fittings between Luk-Cha, PG, MaoX2, Walneal and I. You should have seen our faces when we found out cause we thought it was cool. It felt like I was sleeping with the cheerleader that F@rked the whole footy team where she took 12 facials Maria Ozawa style. We share Lane Crawford VIP cards and we need to call "shotgun" on items like you do with chicks in high school. Wait till GShen hits town because that's when the Sh!t will really hit the Prince of Wales check. And we cleaned out Valextra when they had 60% off. A party favourite is when yfyf, PG and MaoX2 break out their white leather accessories, mix them all up and they have to find their belongings. Loser shouts a bottle of Macallan after Luk-cha bargains down the price of a bottle. We then plot how we are going to mind F@rk the rest of you SF iblokes.

I need to get off this Fire Island!

Wow. She's hot.

The rest I knew already. You guys have fun.