1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

"Black and white" holiday party, need help completing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tux Stain, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Tux Stain

Tux Stain Member

I need some help completing an outfit, guys. I am a +1 to a "black and white" holiday party (I am not a fan of this theme, especially for a holiday party) for a big tech company in the South Bay. I have decided not to wear a tux for a couple different reasons: my date would be slightly underdressed compared to me and it's a fairly young crowd that I don't want to compete with. I want to ride the middle line between the tuxedos and the off the shelf, poor-fitting suits that are most definitely going to be there.

I am wearing a black 3 piece suit that is well-tailored along with a pair of very dark charcoal, semi-matte shoes with no brogueing. I cannot decide how I want to complete the look and was hoping you guys could give me some ideas and suggestions.

This is what I've come up with so far:

-White FC spread collar shirt with a black/white pattern tie (possibly a white/black pattern tie), possibly ditching the vest, and white pocket square or black+white pocket squares
    -White FC spread collar shirt with a black tie, white pocket square
    -White shirt with black bow tie, white pocket square (not sure on the bow tie...)
    -Medium grey shirt with a black tie, and matching grey pocket square or black+white pocket squares, possibly ditching the vest

Please give me some suggestions on the above or even totally different. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member