1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best value boxer shorts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by markr, May 28, 2006.

1. markr

markr Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone can recommend some good deals on boxer shorts. I'm relatively cheap and not too concerned about the quality of the material (of course, 100% cotton is a must). The most important thing is fit. I also prefer solids to patterns (my preference is for lt blue -- boring, I know). I've bought from Lands End in the past and was quite pleased with them. Unfortunately, they don't currently have a very good selection in terms of size or color/pattern. I was hoping to try CEGOCS a while back but Carl sold out of the 4 pr/$30 variety just after I placed my order, and the 3 pr/$50 variety is more than I want to spend. Any suggestions?

Also, if I'm being too cheap and 3 pr/$50 is not unreasonable, feel free to say so (I'd rather pay less, but at the end of the day, I can afford 3 pr/$50).

2. Morris

Morris Well-Known Member

I am partial to Brooks Brothers (basic blue, white as well as patterns; also has seasonal varieties which are fun) ... certainly in the range that you specified.

3. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Polo boxers and Banana Republic boxers are what I usually buy (on sale/discount). I like their cuts a bit better than Brooks, particularly with a wider overlap at the fly.

4. coachvu

coachvu Well-Known Member

Although they don't have solids, Vineyard Vines boxers have a great fit. They normally run close to $20 a pair, but STP has several on sale. I also like Nautica boxers. Many department stores like Dillard's, Belk's, etc. carry them. List price is $15, but I also find them on sale for about $11. Marshall's and TJ Maxx may carry them, as well. Nordstrom has solid color boxers in their house brand. Instead of running S, M, L, etc., they have individual waist sizes. You can usually find those on sale as well. Finally, the Belk's in my home town sells a brand of boxers called Saddlebred. I think this may be one of their house brands. They are almost always on sale for $6 a pair with plenty of patterns. The fit is great, and it's hard to go wrong for that price.

5. ejquin

ejquin Well-Known Member

Spring for calvin Klein pima cotton boxers or boxer briefs. You'll be happy.

6. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

old navy/gap/banana republic boxers. they can usually be had for $3-5/pair on sale.

-Jeff

7. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

if price is the biggest factor in your choice, then generic dept store cotton boxers in white is the way to go.

or (shudder) wal-mart.

8. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

old navy/gap/banana republic boxers. they can usually be had for $3-5/pair on sale.

-Jeff

In my experience the cut on BR boxers is much better than Old Navy or GAP. I really dislike JCrew's boxers.

9. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Well-Known Member

I usally buy Old Navy boxers.

10. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

Another fan of Banana here...

11. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

Jos. A. Bank sells boxers in numeric waist size, like 34 and 36.

12. jml90

jml90 Well-Known Member

Anyone make boxers without elastic?

13. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member