• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best sword fight.

Nananine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Some interestng choices.

Great fight from Scaramouche chewing up the scenery..

11. Andre Moreau vs. Noel, Marquis de Maynes

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Isn't that one pegged as one of the longest swordfight scenes on film? It's amazing.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D'Artagnan vs. The Man in the Iron Mask in "The Three Musketeers" anime (Japan, 1987).

JohnAndrew

Reaction score

Eric Roberts vs F. Murray Abraham in By The Sword: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. http?WwW3dueA3p4 Also the fight scene from the Christopher Lambert and John Lone movie The Hunted (1995) with Yoshio Harada v.s. a bullet train full of ninja, posing as golfers. I can't seem to locate any decent video of the whole thing though. So you'll have to take my word for it. Here's the trailer. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. http?W7soYAhZboI

The Hunted wasn't a very good movie but the sword scene mentioned was spectacular. Also, The Yakuza w/Robert Mitchem has a fantastic sword scene in it with Takakura, Ken. [COLOR=FF00AA

UglyJoe

Reaction score
Am I the only one who can't see a single video posted in this thread?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Am I the only one who can't see a single video posted in this thread?

They were all posted in 2009, so no big surprise there.

UglyJoe

Reaction score

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In no particular order.

1. Robert Roy McGegor vs. Archibald Cunningham.

So glad this ****** gets it.

2. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader.

They do a great job with what were sticks in handles.

I love both probably my faves. Both Vader fights are great because of the emotions involved.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I like this one from game of thrones, no spins(well okay one spin), no back flips just good ole knighting and steel armor
probably lasted as long as most duels did

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like this one from game of thrones, no spins(well okay one spin), no back flips just good ole knighting and steel armor
probably lasted as long as most duels did

I have high hopes for one that may be coming this next week.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish more GoT fights used shields. It should be integral to the way they fought, but I rarely see them using one at all.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah especially in big battles shields comes in handy... to you know shield from multiple opponents xD
but overall GoT does a good job compared to most of fiction- at least weapons move realistically fast most of the time
and I liked that scene where Oberyn got that Lanister guy with a dagger, that was cool

yeah i hope so Harvey, it's probably gonna be a little over the top, but im really curious to see it, no more spoilers though coz i haven't read the books and im totally hooked on the show :embar:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads