• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best quality sweatshirts available online these days?

JDelage

Reaction score

No problem at all. Ask anybody that owns one. If you're near one of our stores you should drop in and see them, anybody that's felt one in person instantly recognizes the difference in feel from a BR or RM one.

However, they seem to be out of stock in your online store...?

Vaudevillian

Reaction score
Did you check Merz B. Schwanen? LN-CC carries the brand as the quality is unbeatable. Still, you're probably looking for something a bit heavier...

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Left Field NYC
Around $120.
http://www.leftfieldnyc.net/
90fc6b3a94afd83e5b0f0e5f7fd5abba.jpg

ColumbiaKnit for $85, made in the US
http://store.archivalclothing.com/products/columbiaknit-sweatshirt

5510707512_bf58cdb537_b.jpg

Don't have either of these, maybe someone can attest to their quality?

EG is known for their quality although their sweatshirts can be hard to track down

egss2_2.jpg

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those ColumbiaKnits look nice for the price, I want to try them. I hate to say it, because I absolutely love EG stuff in general, but their sweats have never really done much for me. Don't quite seem in the same league as W+H or the Japanese brands that have been discussed here. Some people do really seem to like them though so maybe I'm just missing something.

warrenjl1

Reaction score
I own the gray Columbiaknit and I love it. I had a slimmer one from Jack Spade that I wore for a while, but everything about the Columbiaknit one is better and for an awesome price. I also have a navy zip-up hoodie from Velva Sheen that is really REALLY awesome as well. I think Hickoree's stocks their regular sweatshirts too.

Hatch&Whisk

Reaction score
Tried on an Our Legacy crewneck sweat at Stels. The fabric is magical without a doubt. softer than any towel lined number I've ever seen.

S-Town

Reaction score
Cushmans are awesome!! And tons of colors. I think that at this point in time though, they are only sold in Japan. John Lofgren at the Speedway Shop will hook you up with anything you need however.

I picked up a couple of the Norse Projects Vorm pocket sweats this year. Nice, basic colors. And the loop terry pattern is pretty unique. Woodlands has a couple left I think.

+1 on the Left Field sweats as well. I made the mistake of wearing one to a party this weekend. I was about 20 degrees warmer than I wanted to be. It's a very thick shirt!

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking for an old-school-style sweatshirt with the V-stitch on the neck, so I picked up the ColumbiaKnit because the price, styling, and fit based on online measurements was right.

The good: I got a small, and its sizing works great for me--fits like a sweatshirt should, unrestricted movement without stretching. If I sized down from here I think it'd be restricting sometimes.

The really nice brands either had an oversized p2p and/or sleeves too short for my body. The Real McCoy one came closest and sounds amazing, but $250 for a sweatshirt that wasn't going to be optimal anyway? Well, I'm balking.

The bad: It turns out to be 93/7 cotton/poly--Archival's site doesn't specify--but I was hoping for 100% cotton. The fabric is not uncomfortable, but not like a kitten or in any way outstanding out of the gate. We'll see what a wash does to it.

it's good, not amazing. It's a pity that there isn't a all cotton or cotton/wool blend or something all natural that's turned up with a fit like this.

rairhash

Reaction score
Probably The Real McCoy's. Really want to buy one but the price is just too high for me. But I'm more than happy with the sweatshirts from Our Legacy.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm vouching for Buzz Rickson. I got one years ago and it just gets better with age.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics