1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best natural deodorants

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by the_state, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

2. pita bread

pita bread Active Member

Malin + Goetz eucalyptus deodorant works like a dream, and it's pretty much odorless after you put it on.

3. harryc

harryc Well-Known Member

4. amnesiac

amnesiac Well-Known Member

FYI this has triclosan in it

really? dammit. well, it doesn't have aluminum, it doesn't stain my shirts and it works.

tom's is worthless for me and so is the salt stick at least for my arm pits. the salt deodorant spray is really good for the rest of your body though.

back to the drawing board...

5. Nosu3

Nosu3 Well-Known Member

^ have you tried Herbal Clear?

6. that_was_easy

that_was_easy Well-Known Member

Herbal Clear! First found it on clearance at Longs just before they rebranded to CVS, at which point they seemed to stop carrying it. I'd forgotten the name until now, but now I will by deoderant on Amazon as I do with detergent and office chairs.

7. dv_indian

dv_indian Well-Known Member

I use Tom's of Maine roll on deodorant. I don't know how natural it is but I feel better about using it instead of the usual antiperspirant sticks sold at stores.

8. HgaleK

HgaleK Well-Known Member

Has anyone had luck with Tom's of Maine? I bought one once but the scent actually smelled more like B.O. than my armpits. I think I may have just picked the wrong scent.

I recently tried it. It smelled great (I think you and I ended up with different scents), but started leaving rashes about a week in. This is apparently a pretty common problem.

9. TobinMarcus

TobinMarcus Active Member

Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant spray.
    or
    Lavanila- No aluminum, parabens, sulfates, or synthetic dyes. $18 per stick

10. musick

musick Active Member

Caveat: depends alot on your diet and/or personal body chemistry, but E.V. coconut oil is tops in my experience. A little goes a long way.

Wont stop you from sweating, but odors are nill IME.

11. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Well-Known Member

12. Morinav

Morinav Active Member

Newer Old Spice don't have Aluminum, go try it

This.

Just wear some Old Spice Red Zone, Pure Sport. Fuck, it's not going to kill you.

If you insist on being a tremendous hippie, get an alum block. It's a cube of stone that looks kind of like quartz. I use them for shaving since it sterilizes skin and acts as a styptic (stops bleeding), but it works as a deodorizer too.

Next time you're buying some $5 tomatoes at Whole Foods, saunter on down to their cosmetics section and look for a "Thai Miracle Deodorant Crystal" or some bullshit.

13. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Well-Known Member

I've tried Tom's of Maine (which didn't mask BO and gave me an instant rash)

Tom's unscented used to have lichen in it but they reformulated it recently to remove lichen (since it's an irritant to some people). I use it in the winter but it doesn't work that great in the summer.

In the summer I use old spice high endurance. It's pretty basic, smells decent. The list of ingredients is pretty short. It doesn't really matter if a product calls itself "natural" or not, if you look at the ingredients there's probably a lot of overlap between "natural" and conventional deodorants. Just pick the one with the fewest ingredients that gets the job done.

http://www.oldspice.com/products/pro...tick_Original/