1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best-Looking AE with a Rubber Sole?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by evpj2L, Dec 5, 2009.

1. evpj2L

evpj2L Well-Known Member

The harsh elements of winter are upon us. I've decided that I need to add at least one pair of rubber-soled shoes to my professional wardrobe. What's the best-looking (or least-ugly) rubber-soled Allen Edmonds shoe? I'll be wearing the shoes with business casual outfits (slacks and a button-down).

I'm leaning towards something from the newer "Executive Collection" (maybe the Presidio or Sutter?) Any thoughts on these models or any of the others? (I'd be getting the shoes in Burgundy... unfortunately neither is offered in dark brown).

Presidio

[​IMG]

Sutter

[​IMG]

2. dk123

dk123 Well-Known Member

I have, and like the Easton. They have a commando sole, though, so they are definitely on the casual side of things. Not sure if the color options would work for you though.

3. Nick V.

Nick V. Well-Known Member

Some of the classics offered with a genuine Dainite sole. I always liked that option.

4. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

I'm very fond of the AE Ashton in black.

5. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Well-Known Member

OP, what a coincidence! I just started a thread soliciting opinions about the Sutter for precisely the same reasons you're interested in it. I'll be following this thread closely to see if anyone has any opinions.

6. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

7. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

Ashton in chili

+1 on this. I have a pair myself. Recraftable too.

8. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a cheap Globetrotter for some time for rainy day wear

9. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Well-Known Member

The Van Ness is my favorite. They are $227 with code SHOP from shoebuy.com. You can also try for 15% Bing cashback but there is no guarantee that they will work together. [​IMG]