1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best inexpensive jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Bradford, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

How dare you even suggest that I might miss a Flaming Lips show in southern California?. yea, I'll be there.. [​IMG]
    Yup. And I agree. I think Loveless is one of the best albums of the 90s.

2. trampzilla

trampzilla Member

Here's my choice of mall jeans for under $100 in preferential order:

Buffalo by David Bitton
    2(x)ist (they have some washes and cuts under or at a hundred bucks)
    Guess jeans at their boutique or outlet stores in the malls (NOT the department store pascal crap though)
    certain DKNY Jeans cuts and washes

also you might want to check Zara jeans and A/X jeans, though not my choice some of their washes and cuts do look reasonable for under $100. I like the look of some Gap jeans but all the fits are baggy, they are just too roomy for me. Banana Republic jeans washes and colours I like, but they are too rigid and uptight IMO. Ralph Lauren jeans are ok, but the ones I see in the malls are too hip-hop urban for my liking.

I actually have a couple of A&F jeans from about three years ago, I think. They were the 1892 barstar flare in dark blue thick denim with a nice slim low-rise fit and all without all the hideous distressing or yellow rust washing like someone took a piss over them. They don't make them anymore and I have seen them going on ebay for silly money, but who knows, make they will make a comeback.

3. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

Correction, loveless is THE best album of the 90s [​IMG] I'm thinking bout hitting up street scene too, talk about a DAMN good line up. Just a matter of getting my ass from ventura county down to SD =\t1

4. rearviewmirror

rearviewmirror Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to agree with spin magazine and say the O.K. Computer was the best album of the 90's..

Of course I've never heard of Flaming Lips, or the Loveless album.

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

How can you like Radiohead without at least knowing of the Flaming Lips?

6. Harami

Harami Member

I like Guess, for around 80$ you can get a decent pair at regular price. They also carry less fitted jeans if you like that. I just picked up a dark grey pair for about 32$ at the mall marked down from 80.

7. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

If you dont know My Bloody Valentine or the Flaming Lips, I hardly think you can make any sort of educated music judgement no offense, music snob here [​IMG] p.s. OK Computer is a damn good album, and would be considered better then Loveless by most (especially those who dont know MBV). I still like Kid A more though...

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Well since Kid A is 200(1?)(0?) it's out of the running for the 90s.. And I do think OK Computer is a better album than Loveless. And I do think the best album of the 90s (and all time, for that matter, as odd as it seems) is the Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin. For me, it might go 1. Lips 2. OK Comp 3. MBV 4. Pavement 5. Guided By Voices

9. trampzilla

trampzilla Member

Personally I think OK Computer is hardly Radiohead's best album, much less of the entire 90's altogether.

10. pwnzj00

pwnzj00 Active Member

Back on topic....

The best jeans to buy for udner $100 is easy. Levi Shrink-to-fits!

They look almost like Nudie Dry Denim...but they are only like $40-$60 from the Levi store! Be sure to buy 1" up in waist and 3-4" up in length though!

11. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Well-Known Member

If you're looking for cheap denim, then try American Eagle. I have two pairs from them and love them to death. The first pair I brought back when I was in my sophomore year of high school. With other pairs of jeans, they tend to get a little worn and start to get torn. But with AE Jeans, it seems to be the weave that they use or something, casue the old boot cuts that I own aren't really bad. The other pair, which I brought back around Thanksgiving, a pair in called Dark Clay Wash, are still in good shape.

Also, the regular Abercrombie and Fitch jeans are good. The only problem is that most of the stores have mainly destroyed jeans, if you can the regular jeans the you're lucky.

12. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had an old pair of Abercrombie jeans. Short staple cotton fraying all over the place in very short order. I was immensely unimpressed. These weren't the ridiculously destroyed jeans, either. Gap's regular line (at least from a year ago) gave her the same problems.

I have a few pairs of Gap 1969, however, and I'd say they compare favorably with higher end denim. Bizarrely, I can't say the same for Banana Republic, despite substantially higher prices.

13. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Yeah IIRC the 1969 denim is from the same source as PDC. I'm not sure if thats a praise to the 1969 denim or a frown to the PDC denim.

I have a pair of 1969s and they're not too bad in terms of quality.

14. drake

drake Well-Known Member

The one pair of Gap 1969's I have are not the greatest. The denim doesn't feel all that great (not bad, but not great) the wash is very fake looking (at least to me) and the fit is rather poor (slipping into my APCs after wearing those for a few hours feels like slipping into Pajamas).

But I did only pay $30 so overall I'm not too disappointed, but I wouldn't recommend buying them at full price; you're probably better off with some regular Levi's, I think there only like $30 retail anyway.

15. Panerai118

Panerai118 Active Member

For jeans less than $100, I have AE, A&F, and JCrew. The fit on the JCrew seems to be the best for me. Sizing for AE and A&F was hit and miss, which really bugged me.

16. PreppyBoy

PreppyBoy Well-Known Member

I've had great results with the GAP 1969 Vintage Cut

The rise is 11 1/2

The leg opening is 18 all around

The material is soft

Definitely, not the type of jeans if your going to do massive work.
    However, if you want something to sport, they are perfect.

I have some American Eagle too, which fit rather well.

As for Abercrombie & Finch, not worth the price.

17. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Well-Known Member

I have some American Eagle too, which fit rather well.
    That's true, the size is hit or miss most of the time, but you can get the size you want.

If you can find the regular jeans, they yeah they are cheaper.

18. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Good call.
    love the fit, and if you can find a darker wash, it's a great buy. These are Acne Mic btw.