1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best Henley?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TwentySomthing, Sep 29, 2007.

1. TwentySomthing

TwentySomthing Well-Known Member

I don't realy own an Henley shirts and I was looking to buy some long sleeve ones since it's starting to get a bit colder outside. What are some of your guys favorites? I'd like the price to be kept down if possible but shoot for the moon if you think it's worth it.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Could probably be answered in ask a question. Regardless, AA henleys are cheap, and slim fitting. Great bang for the buck. If you wanted something more expensive and a bit better quality, there are a bunch of henleys being sold by our affiliates. Henleys seem to be a bit more popular this fall than last, but maybe that's just me. So you should be able to find a wide variety. The AA ones might be your best bet because they're cheap for layering.

3. Countertenor

Countertenor Well-Known Member

4. CarllraC

CarllraC Well-Known Member

Good question...let me add on...anyone know of Henleys sold in a medium-tall size (or medium with equivalently long arms)?

5. chronoaug

Yes they are cotton/poly. The short sleeve ones are 100% cotton though.

6. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I don't realy own an Henley shirts and I was looking to buy some long sleeve ones since it's starting to get a bit colder outside. What are some of your guys favorites? I'd like the price to be kept down if possible but shoot for the moon if you think it's worth it.
    Michael J Krell: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ewpost&t=27219 Best henley I've ever owned. Probably will order another before the year's out.

7. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

8. Oltmann

Oltmann Well-Known Member

The B. Son henley's are great. context has them. They are quite long in the sleeves and body.

I also got some from 429 that are really nice.

9. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    rag an dbone makes a great henley and for basics you could try splendid mills or stone island

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I've always avoided henleys because they remind me too much of Eddie Bauer and 1994. Or was that Eddie Vedder?

Anyway, anyone know of a good henley that's widely available, relatively trim, and under $50? I may end up sizing down at Old Navy or Gap. I'll be wearing it mostly under other shirts, and I don't really care whether it's jersey or thermal.

There's nice suggestions in this thread, but mostly too expensive, and I don't really care for AA's version.

11. mr.loverman

mr.loverman Well-Known Member

dude i have a j.crew henley that i bought but it shrunk a bit so i can't where it. its brand new. its a size small.

id sell it to you if you want it. its a nice asphalt color that i really like. too bad i didn't buy a medium.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, but that would be way too small for me. [​IMG]

13. seamless74

seamless74 Well-Known Member

i dont have either which really pissed me off cause i so have the build for henleys... lookin to purchase some soon... but although expensive id have to go with inhabit, and generra, as far as the best lookin to the eye i think theyre razor sharp... although im sure wings and horns would be awesome too..

14. itskub

itskub Well-Known Member

i tried on a wing & horns henley at barneys (thin stripes in muted colors, great slim fit btw), anyway would one of these be okay over a button up? i think so.

15. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

try american apparel. You mean the henley with the buttons that have a thermal look? AA's is great.

16. chronoaug

MJK henleys are nice and under $50. I have a 3/4 sleeve one that is pretty nice.

17. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

dude i have a j.crew henley that i bought but it shrunk a bit so i can't where it. its brand new. its a size small.

id sell it to you if you want it. its a nice asphalt color that i really like. too bad i didn't buy a medium.

I just bought a few of their thermal henleys in size medium. After a wash they fit me pretty well, hitting right at the belt line. I generally like a henley with more than two buttons, but these are ok for about 30 bucks on sale from 42.50.

18. why

why Well-Known Member

Costume National Homme has some really nice ones with a deep placket.

19. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything re the fit of Rogues Gallery's henleys?

20. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Well-Known Member

i have an athletic body type and while i can wear AA mediums in their tshirts (line dry, no dryer) - i prefer to size up on the henleys to XL, bc they shrink a lot. i like shirts snug on my shoulders and chest but i don't like them clinging to my lower torso - it tends to look too much like and undershirt when i wear them that tight.

i would use the same philosophy with the tshirts, but they don't shrink up like the henleys do.