1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best denim shop in NYC?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by GQhustler, Jan 1, 2010.

1. GQhustler

GQhustler Well-Known Member

What's the best place to buy denim in NYC? I haven't bought new jeans in a year and I used to just go to Gap, J Crew, or BR. I now want to buy a nicer pair, most likely in raw denim that everyone raves about. I would also like a slim fit on the verge of skinny with a price tag of $150 or less. Any suggestions?

2. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Self Edge or Blue in Green, depending on which brands you want.

3. Doctor

Doctor Well-Known Member

Self Edge Blue in Green Seem to be the two obvious ones with more raw denim that you can shake a stick at. Edit: Zissou beats me to it....

4. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

At $150 or less, APC store is an obvious choice, or SE for slightly costier 3sixteen or BiG for something on sale.

Why do you need a thread for this?

5. mondayc

mondayc Well-Known Member

Not sure about the under $150 part, but try a place with APC or Naked and Famous (BiG carries N&F). If you can go over a little, self edge has 3sixteen jeans for about $175. I'm wearing the ST-210s right now and love them.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

7. cromagged

cromagged Active Member

dave's (if you're into plain levis), blue in green

8. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

For 150 or less, check out Epaulet's line. Blue in Green is always worth a visit though.

9. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

Unfortunately out of your budget, but the Rag & Bone stores (Christopher St. location especially) are a lot of fun. The RB23 sounds like what you're looking for, but the raw selvage version is about $100 out of budget from your description. I would also check out Odin and Helmut Lang if they still have any men's jeans on sale. Most HL stuff is crappy quality these days, but I give the jeans an 8.5/10 for materials, construction and details. On sale they go as low as $80.

10. King Leer

King Leer Well-Known Member

PC Jeans are going to go up in price to $165 (maybe they already have)

but that being said, Jean Shop is a cool store, as well as the RRL stores. For a selection, def. Blue in Green..