1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best Car Chase Scenes/Movies Ever

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Bentley, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Ronin, The French Connection, Rendevous

You people really have never seen "C'etait un rendevous"????

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    The chase scene in Terminator 3 was pretty good, if for no other reason than the epic destruction.

I like the "slow" car chase in Way of the Gun.

+1 Good call. That was an underrated movie overall.

Matrix Re-Loaded: Freeway Scene.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I was going to suggest this one. Crappy movie, great car chase.

4. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

French Connection is awesome. Unbelievable (but true) that was shot in Brooklyn on an ordinary day with no prep and without the city's permission. It's impossible to imagine today.

I don't know if this is true or not, but a professor once told me that one of the car crashes in that scene was an unplanned collision with some random driver who just happened to be in the way.

5. TDOT

TDOT Well-Known Member

Good one! They had to build their own stretch of highway to film this.

6. TDOT

TDOT Well-Known Member

You people really have never seen "C'etait un rendevous"????
    I remember watching them try to see if they could manage to do it in the same time on Fifth Gear a few years ago. The backstory is that the car is actually a Merc, with a Ferrari engine sound dubbed over it.

7. ohm

ohm Well-Known Member

This whole movie. The italian guy is awesome.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Driven- an awful Sly Stallone movie otherwise, but a high-speed F1 chase through downtown Chicago is incredible to watch on DVD with a good sub.

Technically, Driven was about the IndyCar series, not F1.

And what a dreadful movie.

9. A. Jones

A. Jones Active Member

+1

10. musick

musick Active Member

Hands down its Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)

The second half of the film is a 40 minute car chase scene spanning several cities in which 90 cars are destroyed. It is a treat to see a movie that is all real...no CGI/SFX here - just real driving and destruction.

11. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

Beverly Hills Cop, is a contender.

12. frenchy

frenchy Well-Known Member

13. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

The Italian Job (Michael Caine version); Mad Max

14. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Well-Known Member

People tend to associate elevated trains with Chicago, since all the Manhattan els (except Metro North above 96th) were torn down long ago. But they are still out there in the outer boroughs.

One of the Spider Man movies has an el scene that was filmed in Chicago, even though the movie (and that scene) are set in New York.

125th st, 1 train. Live right there.

15. bkk

bkk Well-Known Member

I had to buy the BMW Films DVD for this short:

Those BMW shorts are quite excellent. As opposed to the recent Audi ripoff with Justin Timberlake.

Bullitt is my favorite scene, but going along with the McQueen theme, Le Mans is also fantastic.

16. GoneBabyGone

GoneBabyGone Well-Known Member

Chase in Diva is fun for lovers of Paris: