1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

best brown or dark brown blucher

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by balaskonis, Oct 1, 2009.

1. balaskonis

balaskonis Well-Known Member

which blucher is the best for price tag of under $300....stylish yet durable and comfortable, to be standing on all day

i looked at the alden for jcrew longwings, which i like, and the alden nst tie shell, but obvi out of my price range.

any recommendations?

-paul

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

Allen-Edmonds countdown starting in 5-4-3...

- B

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

which blucher is the best for price tag of under $300....stylish yet durable and comfortable, to be standing on all day

i looked at the alden for jcrew longwings, which i like, and the alden nst tie shell, but obvi out of my price range.

any recommendations?

-paul

Allen Edmonds?? duh?

5. wingin' it

wingin' it Well-Known Member

any recommendations?

-paul

Not sure about the best, but AE Cliftons in chestnut meet the request and are very comfortable.

6. nohomo

nohomo Well-Known Member

7. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

just for vox: allen edmonds redding in chili
    from my collection on the left here
    [​IMG]

8. binge

binge Well-Known Member

Depending on your timetable, you might be able to find something when the next Brooks Brothers sale hits.

9. hth2002

hth2002 Well-Known Member

10. balaskonis

well for allen edmonds, what do you guys think of the AE Easton? http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7430766/c/8607.html i preferred darker brown...something with a little bit of a european look, but i guess i have compromise somewhere.... for now i guess i can wait a little more

11. balaskonis

for RL is there a code for F&F?

12. balaskonis

one more thing, that RL shoe, the Andando, is that a longer shoe, with a more narrow toe box? anyone have that shoe?

13. nohomo

nohomo Well-Known Member

RL code is pink.

The Easton looks ugly. Don't like the ridged outsole. If you're looking for rubber soles though, the AE Executive collection are around 280 and comes in different styles (captoe, split toe, plain toe), and don't look like they have a rubber sole unless looking at the bottom directly.

14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

just for vox: allen edmonds redding in chili
    from my collection on the left here
    [​IMG]

What a great shot. If you stare at the picture long enough they almost start moving towards you.

15. balaskonis

16. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

what's the verdict on something like Grenson's Kirk

http://www.grenson.co.uk/RushdenRang...p?productid=44

Personally I hate the lasts used for a lot of the cheaper Grensons such as the Kirk. I've not actually tried them on in person but in the linked image they look too long and very inelegant, almost look like clown-shoes.

The RL pair look much better. Some of the Grenson Rose models are excellent too, such as the Radley which are my current favourite pair of shoes.

17. nohomo

nohomo Well-Known Member

Personally I hate the lasts used for a lot of the cheaper Grensons such as the Kirk. I've not actually tried them on in person but in the linked image they look too long and very inelegant, almost look like clown-shoes.

The RL pair look much better. Some of the Grenson Rose models are excellent too, such as the Radley which are my current favourite pair of shoes.

I second this rec. Don't like that overly elongated toe on those Grensons, especially on a plain toe.

18. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member