1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best Brand Cargo Shorts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RalphLaurenFreak, Jul 16, 2009.

1. westinghouse

westinghouse Well-Known Member

Somewhere, at this very moment, some random girl with big hair and orange skin is defending Uggs just as vigorously. She's likely saying...."That may be true for you pale-assed hoes, but those of us with tans look great in Uggs."

Uggs for women have nothing to do with cargo shorts for men. Nice try but fail.

2. westinghouse

westinghouse Well-Known Member

[​IMG] at cell phone holster

Did you get that tip from reading GQ under the covers with a flashlight as a kid?

3. gilwood

gilwood Well-Known Member

Some images for effect:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

tornado mart, clearly [​IMG]

5. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

The best brand is the one never made. Cargo shorts for fashion purposes on men needs to die just like Ugg boots on women. The sea of them I see more and more of in the summer months paired with flip flops is a sign that the world may in fact just come to an end in 2012 as the Mayan Calendar suggests.

Uggs for women have nothing to do with cargo shorts for men. Nice try but fail.

So are you reading comprehension impaired, or just extremely far-sighted? I've tried to help you if it's the latter. If it's the former, maybe you could start carrying a dictionary and a thesaurus in your cargo pockets?

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

7. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Well-Known Member

If I'm heading to the beach (and not planning on going in the water) or heading for a day of hiking, style takes a back seat to utility. I've had the same pair of J. Crew ripstop cargo shorts for like four or five years for this purpose. One pair is all I need, but when it's really hot and I have to carry some crap (but not enough to justify a bag) they work well. As do cargo pants when it comes to things like cooler weather outdoor activities or really really long flights.

8. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

RL Litchfield is great

9. gilwood

The Lichfield has too many small pockets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

Whatever's on sale that fits at Loehman's, Marshall's or Ross. i'm not going to pretend that they're fashionable, but they are certainly functional. My pizza delivery days pretty much required them if you wanted to have some sort of organization: delivery receipts in the right cargo, checks, credit card receipts, and big bills in the left cargo, phone and keys in left pocket (shudder), bank & change in the right pocket, wallet right rear.. Everything is designed to not drop shit in the hustle/bustle of delivering. When you're carrying bills and intermingle it with other stuff it's easy to accidentally pull a bill out when digging for something else, etc. It only takes one dropped $20 or a lost check to fuck up a day's work.

[​IMG]

That guy looks like he's delivering more than a pizza...

Anyway, other than that, I've got nothing. They look like shit, but if you need them, you need them. In my case, it was that or a fanny pack like the long timer wore. Fuck. That.

11. Aaron01

Aaron01 Well-Known Member

Cargo shorts and pants are pretty atrocious; however, Cucinelli features some passable looks, although, they all would look better with big boy pants. Leave the cargo shorts to the weed selling high school kids.

12. BriansAWildDowner

BriansAWildDowner Active Member

I wouldn't have bought them for myself but for my birthday I was given some Kenneth Cole cargo shorts. I like them more than most cargo shorts that I see. The side pockets aren't very noticable and for the most part they just look like regular shorts. Plus they came with a D-ring belt so...bonus.

13. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

Best reply in this thread. I recommend TAD Gear's Force 10 Cargos. I like using the rip stop ones here in the bay area, amphibious cloth in more humid areas, and twill in the woods. While I run around in them with some Vibram fivefingers all the time, it's definitely not for style. I'd rather be comfortable than look fashionable when I'm enjoying the outdoors(not that I'd sacrifice it when I do want to look nice).

14. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Yo dog its Styleforum not out door forum

15. gilwood

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I love cargos for golf - hold your balls, tees, etc. BR has a pair that doesn't have such billowy side pockets:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=729513002

i have yet to find anything that can contain my balls [​IMG]

17. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

no billowy side pockets defeats the purpose of cargo shorts... which is to have cool looking pockets

18. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

While I run around in them with some Vibram fivefingers all the time,
    Saw a guy wearing these on the subway a few weeks back...and I thought Crocs were ugly, these things take awful looking footwear to a whole new level. Pretty much everyone was staring at them awkwardly. One girl said to her boyfriend, "UGH! Look at those things on his feet!" while pointing at them, lol.

19. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

i have yet to find anything that can contain my balls [​IMG]

That's why the scots invented kilts.

20. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Well-Known Member

Saw a guy wearing these on the subway a few weeks back...and I thought Crocs were ugly, these things take awful looking footwear to a whole new level. Pretty much everyone was staring at them awkwardly. One girl said to her boyfriend, "UGH! Look at those things on his feet!" while pointing at them, lol.

I actually really like them. Such a goofy-ass shape, and extremely adorable. I don't think they're stylish, but I find them infinitely preferable to all the bulky ugly running shoes people would wear instead... or Crocs.