1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best Alden Indy Boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mg428, Sep 22, 2009.

1. scb

scb Well-Known Member

2. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Makes me wish the TruBalance last fit me better. On the bright side, at least this way I don't have to choose between the Kudu and Ultimate Indy.

One of the few shoes I like better in calf than cordovan.

3. mg428

mg428 Well-Known Member

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1005
    Super! Thanks! I wish we saw some some vintage indy photos as well. Also some regular indy - ultimate indy comparison photos would be great because amongst all indys they are the closest ones in terms of their shade of color.

4. randob300

randob300 Well-Known Member

Just picked up the standard 405 from Alden. After a few coats of Obenauf's LP, I'm very happy with them. Also impressed with the slip resistance and quietness of the neoprene sole.

5. Vernon-Dozier

Vernon-Dozier Well-Known Member

Just picked up the standard 405 from Alden. After a few coats of Obenauf's LP, I'm very happy with them. Also impressed with the slip resistance and quietness of the neoprene sole.

Can you post pics? I don't like the color of the standard but am curious how they appear after 3 coats of Obenauf's. Thanks!

6. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Well-Known Member

Makes me wish the TruBalance last fit me better. On the bright side, at least this way I don't have to choose between the Kudu and Ultimate Indy.

One of the few shoes I like better in calf than cordovan.

I'm actually with you here (though I'm less in love with cordovan than some here generally I guess). I like the Indy boot with some wear, scuffs, scratches, and aging on it. A shiny Indy boot isn't for me. Love the kudu though. If I had the money, I think that might be my choice.

7. scb

scb Well-Known Member

just wanted to say that these Leather Soul Kudu Indy's are just awesome

8. william

william Well-Known Member

Can you post pics? I don't like the color of the standard but am curious how they appear after 3 coats of Obenauf's. Thanks!

I'd like to see this too.

9. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Well-Known Member

I can't believe my Kudu Indys were quoted in the MC forum [​IMG]

10. mg428

mg428 Well-Known Member

So anyone who can post some real world photos of his vintage indy??

11. cromagged

cromagged Active Member

suede ones are OOP, i'm assuming? good skinhead boot. not great, but good

12. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Well-Known Member

I have the Vintage Indy, through LeatherSoul. But my socks always smell funny based on the Nubuck leather.
    http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...-vintage-indy/

I also have the Snuff Suede Indy in a narrower size. It fits me better too and the suede is just more comfortable

13. Ataturk

Ataturk Well-Known Member

The rubber soles really stand out like a sore thumb on the "vintage" boots...

14. jon5986

jon5986 Well-Known Member

Suede is always more comfortable. It becomes more comfortable over time I have found.

15. gsugsu

gsugsu Well-Known Member

I do like the snuff suede.

16. cmeisenzahl

cmeisenzahl Well-Known Member

One of those is very likely my next purchase, I just don't know which to get either! [​IMG]

17. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Well-Known Member

The rubber soles really stand out like a sore thumb on the "vintage" boots...

That's what seals the deal for me. My Vintage Indy's are perfect weekend knock around boots and in my climate with rain, snow, etc. the leather/commando soles are perfect.

18. mg428

mg428 Well-Known Member

Could you please post some real life vintage photos? Or confirm whether the images available on leathersoul represents the actual shade of color?

19. LynahFaithful

LynahFaithful Well-Known Member

Could you please post some real life vintage photos? Or confirm whether the images available on leathersoul represents the actual shade of color?

Sorry..I'm not digital camera compliant yet. My vintage indy's are a somewhat darker brown than the pictures on Tom's website but not too dark...at least for me. I've got them on right now as I'm off in a few minutes to trudge around the campus to meetings on a wet and dank day. My St. Crispin's are resting comfortably in my office staying dry.

20. scb

scb Well-Known Member

quick iphone camera pic
    [​IMG]