1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Bespoke Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mecnun, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Mecnun

Mecnun Well-Known Member

Are there any bespoke shoe-makers anywere in Europe who charge for a standard model c.£700. I usually buy the JL Paris Prestige line with the bevelled waiste for c.£700 in their London store. I love these shoes, but am wondering if there is a bespoke maker whose style & quality are maybe better at the same price range.

2. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

For that price, your options are limited to some Central and Eastern European makers (Vass, St. Crispin's, Kielman, Ballint, and others) or to some Italian makers (Scafora, for example, would probably come in close to that price, although I'm not sure).

3. Mecnun

Mecnun Well-Known Member

Would you considee these European makers much better then the JL Paris Prestige Line (I was told that JL Paris Prestige Line are 80% hand-made?) Would these shoes have also the bevelled waist?

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

IMO, Scafora is a better maker than any of the well known London bespoke shops. That is just my styling preference. The actual make is probably equal.

The others are probably just below.

You won't get scafora bespoke for EU700.

5. Mecnun

Mecnun Well-Known Member

How much would Scafora Bespoke cost? I was mentioning £700 (c.Euro1,000)not Euro700.