1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Benefits of Green Tea

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by sho'nuff, Dec 28, 2009.

1. miracle max

miracle max Active Member

2. Charley

Charley Well-Known Member

The benefits are pretty well documented in many studies.

Science Daily has some achives of the abstracts and announcements.

One note that might be helpful. Do not add milk as the caesin seems to bind with the helpful components. And adding a bit of lemon seems to make it more effective.

The FDA actions in regards to Lipton are pretty silly.

3. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Well-Known Member

I can't vouch for any of the claims mentioned on this thread but I have noticed it does a great job curbing my appetite and keeping me feeling energetic throughout the day.

I'm not very fond of Sencha teas and teas that are too "earthy" with pungent aromas. I happened upon this Dragon Pearl Jasmine tea at Central Market a few months ago that tastes just right. The leaves are rolled into little balls that open up when you add water. Not a bad bit of entertainment for the 2-3 minutes you're sitting waiting for it to steep.

4. hiisociety

hiisociety Well-Known Member

Since I've switched from coffee to green tea. My drop 2 inches on my waist, LOL.

-J

5. hennyflaks1

hennyflaks1 New Member

Green Tea has so many health benefits. Green Tea helps in protecting skin from ultraviolet radiation. Green tea is useful for weight loss. Green Tea increases antioxidant levels in the body.

6. southofthethames

southofthethames Member

Good for losing weight apparently, aids it if your diet is decent. I get through about ten cups a day which probably isn't too clever.

7. suzamattew

suzamattew Member

Green tea is very healthy thing for us. It was very good for skin. It stay away us from risk of cancer and heart strokes. It improve immune system and increase blood circulation. If it will take in morning then it will help to reduce weight.

8. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

One note that might be helpful. Do not add milk as the caesin seems to bind with the helpful components. And adding a bit of lemon seems to make it more effective.

Quoted for truth, and also, adding milk to green tea means you have no taste, and/or don't know what the hell you're doing hah.

Milk is good in black teas though (except for Darjeeling) because the tannins can really upset your stomach.

9. scientific

scientific Well-Known Member

i used to drink hella k cup green tea for supposed anti inflammatory effects but our clueless office mgr cant figure out how to order the right amount (lots)

10. dunkin

dunkin Well-Known Member

Green tea helps me fly and causes me to have erections for longer than 8 hours at a time.

11. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Well-Known Member

Is there a green tea pill that would do the same thing as drinking 5 cups of tea everyday?

12. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

^yes. google green tea extract. i use the one from nsi. egcg/price ratio is the best that i've found

13. Tagsmith

Tagsmith Member

When ever I make a pitcher of ice tea I use half black tea, half green tea. I wonder if I get any benefits, or if the black tea cancels out the green tea. Your thoughts?

14. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

you honestly need at least 10 cups a day to see any benefits. many of they highly hyped studies were done on rats with ridiculous amounts of extract that have little bearing with the at most 1 to 3 cups of green tea ppl will drink in a day.

most ppl dont even drink that much water.

it does taste good however

15. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

you honestly need at least 10 cups a day to see any benefits. many of they highly hyped studies were done on rats with ridiculous amounts of extract that have little bearing with the at most 1 to 3 cups of green tea ppl will drink in a day.

most ppl dont even drink that much water.

it does taste good however

Yeah I can see that. Same exact thing with the rats that led to the saccharin causes cancer crap. Yeah, the rat gets cancer when you feed it a tablespoon and a half of sweet & low, wow amazing.