1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Be Cool

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Aaron, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Well I saw "Be Cool" tonight, and it was...meh. I really loved "Get Shorty" and I'm a fan of Elmore Leonard in general. The cast and set-up for "Be Cool" I thought would be enough, evidently it wasn't. The movie was slow and the comedic moments were played for slapstick instead of the black humour that made "Get Shorty" awesome. And the dance scene between John Travolta and Uma Thurman was wooden. Anytime you get John Travolta on a dance floor in your movie its cinematic excellence, how can you screw it up? Anyways, I'll quit rambling, I'd rent it if you really want to see it...

A.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Personally I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was funny, especially the scenes with Steven Tyler and Cedric... Vince Vaughn was just ridiculous and the Rock was hilarious as well.

3. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Well-Known Member

I loved cedric's rendition of Samuel L Jackson's pulp fiction quote, before he caps the Russians. I think Vince may have saved the movie. Daku was awesome also.

Uma's butt...