1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Bb 346 vs department store suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nick6489, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Nick6489

Nick6489 Member

While I know the BB346 line isn't exactly favored here it fits me very well off the rack at a price point of $275 per suit. How does the quality compare versus say a DKNY or Calvin Klein white label suit from Macy's. They'll be worn in an entry level job, anything much more pricey is out of the question. Out of the two options I'm not sure which would be my best bet

Thanks

2. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I'm not very familiar with this line, but I suspect it is better than DKNY or Calvin Klein. The most important thing for you at this point is to get something that fits, so if the 346 fits better than the other 2 brands, then go with it. Make sure you go to a tailor to at least have them check the sleeve and hem length.

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

they are all about the same. Fused, cheap materials, etc. Buy only as a last resort.

4. Snedley

Snedley Well-Known Member

I never see those, they must sell them at outlets or something. It depends on the dept. store. Saks, NM etc store brands(the real stores not off5th, outlets and discounted places) are going to be very good. Even Macy's top line which I believe they sell under the Club Room label is good. (Alfani is their cheaper line) Of course I mean the real Macy's or their stores in wealthier suburbs. The Macy's outlet in Podunk is entirely different as is the off 5th or Last Call , BB etc. The merchandise is different and cheaper. When I hear people on here talk about brands I can tell they've never been in the real stores. Even the websites for the top stores include a lot of cheaper stuff they don't sell in the actual store. That's because the people who actually shop in the store are not always the same ones who shop from the catalogue or online. The Web reaches everywhere so they have to cater to a broader group of buyers from a wider range of classes. Even Polo in NY in the old Rhinelander mansion does not sell the same stuff they do at their store in Kansas.

5. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

346 is the fused outlet suit line. Snidely, I don't think $275 is going to get the OP very far at Saks, etc.

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

And how is the Suiting Essential as compared to the 346? Similar, or slightly better?

7. Snedley

Better

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Do they still make 346 suits? I thought BB phased out the line and replaced it at the outlets with the Brooksease line, which is half canvassed.

9. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

You have never seen 346 but know the Suiting Essential are better? worship2:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  10. Nick6489

Nick6489 Member

Yes they were found in the BB outlet.. I figured they'd be better then picking something up at Macy's (store not outlet) but perhaps not. I cant swing Kiton yet, but hopefully soon enough. What else is recommended at the entry level fresh out of undergrad?

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

BB Suiting Essentials.

12. Nick6489

Nick6489 Member

It seems like they don't have 36s. Im also not looking to spend $400+ either.

13. Snedley

I meant that some store brands are top quality not that he could get something for $300. I would actually trust the Saks buyers and label in a garment more than many brand names. Even Bloomingdale's menswear is top quality.
    Websites have to reach the entire world but the stores in Manhattan sell mostly to the city and mostly to the more well off.

14. zerostyle

zerostyle Well-Known Member

Do they make the normal fits in 346? (fitzgerald, regent, etc?)

15. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

bwahahahaha...joke????