1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3 - Art or Life?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by VelvetGreen, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Well-Known Member

^^ not to mention the gay ass "elite" scam Activision is trying to pull and the fact BF3 releases 2 weeks before COD , BF3 has a HUGE chance of denting COD's Reign as top FPS.

Yeah I can't say I'm really looking forward to this elite shit, but maybe it'll be ok (probably not). The kids are the reason COD does so well. It's pretty easy to see that's who Treyarch designed the game for. Definitely not the tactical shooter that BF, or to a slightly lesser extent MW3 was, that appeal to an older crowd.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Activision is doing the same thing to COD that they did to Guitar Hero before, and Tony Hawk before that. They just have no concept of restraint

3. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ^^correct. However they do have teams working for them that make them $$$$$ so they don't really give a fuck and that's sad.

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Active Member

Activision is doing the same thing to COD that they did to Guitar Hero before, and Tony Hawk before that. They just have no concept of restraint

They're in the danger zone

5. VelvetGreen

VelvetGreen Well-Known Member

They're in the danger zone
    And not the good kind:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. wetnose

wetnose Well-Known Member

I'd rate this as art...in the form of mayhem...

7. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

^^ not to mention the gay ass "elite" scam Activision is trying to pull and the fact BF3 releases 2 weeks before COD , BF3 has a HUGE chance of denting COD's Reign as top FPS.

Maybe because CoD is a fucking joke and even BF:BC2 was, objectively speaking, a better game than MW2 and BO in nearly all respects outside of multiplayer exposure. I really hope the Battlefield franchise gets some recognition - admittedly, they had some big fucking fails, but BC2 was highly underrated.

Considering how fucking awesome the original CoD4 was, its pretty sad to see, but oh well. CoD deserves to die a slow painful death, and it will due to the sheep-like fanbase who continue to reinforce the dilution of the game.

8. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

^^ I think what you meant to say was " TREYARCH deserves a slow and painful death". IF dd a great job. Treyarch ruins shits, fact.

9. VelvetGreen

VelvetGreen Well-Known Member

I'd rate this as art...in the form of mayhem...

Actually a fairly accurate representation of how infuriating playing these games can be...

10. suited

suited Well-Known Member

Maybe because CoD is a fucking joke and even BF:BC2 was, objectively speaking, a better game than MW2 and BO in nearly all respects outside of multiplayer exposure. I really hope the Battlefield franchise gets some recognition - admittedly, they had some big fucking fails, but BC2 was highly underrated. Considering how fucking awesome the original CoD4 was, its pretty sad to see, but oh well. CoD deserves to die a slow painful death, and it will due to the sheep-like fanbase who continue to reinforce the dilution of the game.
    The same thing happened with Socom. I knew 4 people that bought the new one, and all 4 traded it in within a week. I think they finally produced a shitty enough version to kill it.

11. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

^^ I think what you meant to say was " TREYARCH deserves a slow and painful death". IF dd a great job. Treyarch ruins shits, fact.

http://www.treyarch.com/games

Shit, you're right. The only title on there that doesn't blow nuts is Return to Castle Wolfenstein, vintage 2001. I counted 13 different CoD products, including 4 "Zombies" titles. yikes.

Either way, you know the franchise is going down the shitter when I have chicks on my facebook exclaiming: "OMG double XP weekend for COD!! YAY!!" So sad. [​IMG] CoD4 was legendary; what a fall from grace.

The same thing happened with Socom. I knew 4 people that bought the new one, and all 4 traded it in within a week. I think they finally produced a shitty enough version to kill it.

I've never played Socom, but thats pretty brutal. There's always going to be a market for tactical geeks who love their shooters done in that fashion, its just too bad that its simply more profitable to dumb it down for 12 year olds.

12. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Well-Known Member

Either way, you know the franchise is going down the shitter when I have chicks on my facebook exclaiming: "OMG double XP weekend for COD!! YAY!!" So sad. [​IMG] CoD4 was legendary; what a fall from grace.

I agree, girls are icky.

13. Mesta

Mesta Well-Known Member

so who's on the alpha testing?

14. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

my brother. He says its pretty legit.

15. Mesta

Mesta Well-Known Member

I'm gonna play it more thoroughly this week-end. Played two maps yesterday night and had some fun. Looks promising as hell.

16. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

I just hope it's better than MW3 , with this new engine and graphics it has mad potential.

17. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

Here's what a friend who is in alpha testing said:

Anyone who is in alpha or knows other people in it want to comment?

18. flyguy7

flyguy7 Well-Known Member

So who's playing? Anyone on PS3? Add Schat31

I think it's awesome, and I"m not really much of a FPS fan. Haven't played the campaign at all but the multiplayer is diverse and engaging. Still trying to figure out how to use all the vehicles effectively but I love what they add for a dude who's experience is limited to COD. Whatchy'all think?

19. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

The game is nothing like the trailers. It doesn't suck but it's no MW.

20. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Having been a CoD fan boy for so long its a refreshing change of pace (a lot more coordinated teamplay) and a much harder game to master (I say this as a 2.36 k:d in MW3). There have been times that I really felt like I was in a war zone.

I'm playing the PC version for those interested - tag is slign6lade