• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

NoStyle14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
You have this completely backwards. I love Daredevil, but he gets vengeance, not justice.

But what do you think? Wouldn't you want a vigilantly that gets an eye for an eye?

Patrick James

Reaction score
I am always disappointed when I hear about Hathaway being cast in yet another role. I know this is supposed to be the last instalment of the franchise, but there is no reason to half-ass it.

Shannyn Sossamon, anyone?

Edit: Errr….I just realized this thread is fifteen pages deep and the film could very-well have been re-casted since it was started. Whatever, Shannyn needs more love, anyway.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoStyle14
But what do you think? Wouldn't you want a vigilantly that gets an eye for an eye?
Yes and no, but that's not really the point. What any victim of a crime wants, is retribution for their injury. What society wants is order...the machinations of the legal system that we call "justice". As an individual who is injured, I crave vengeance, but as a member of society I want order to be restored, not further eroded by rogue crusaders. All of which ignores the elephant of the room, which is the necessity for perfect judgement on the part of the vigilante (which is not required for justice to be served, of course). And that's why Batman rulez Daredevil!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes and no, but that's not really the point. What any victim of a crime wants, is retribution for their injury. What society wants is order...the machinations of the legal system that we call "justice". As an individual who is injured, I crave vengeance, but as a member of society I want order to be restored, not further eroded by rogue crusaders.

All of which ignores the elephant of the room, which is the necessity for perfect judgement on the part of the vigilante (which is not required for justice to be served, of course).

And that's why Batman is better than Daredevil!

+1

Pinhas

Reaction score
the_dark_knight_rises_bane_by_ryanluckoo-d389tjh.jpg
Fan made but not bad at all

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
the_dark_knight_rises_bane_by_ryanluckoo-d389tjh.jpg

Fan made but not bad at all

Whoa. I think they'd lose a fair amount of their audience if they went with that - it looks like a horror movie poster.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoa. I think they'd lose a fair amount of their audience if they went with that - it looks like a horror movie poster.

Lol. What are you? Five?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Lol. What are you? Five?

Now lookie here, whelp! I was reading Batman comics before The Dark Knight Returns was even a wet dream in Frank Miller's adolescent mind, before Tim Burton sold his first product placement, before Christian Bale was even born (not really but close).

smile.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now lookie here, whelp! I was reading Batman comics before The Dark Knight Returns was even a wet dream in Frank Miller's adolescent mind, before Tim Burton sold his first product placement, before Christian Bale was even born (not really but close).

smile.gif

Lol. That's well and good but the fact is, it's a Batman film. The audience knows what it is getting into. Besides, the poster looks sub-par whichever way you look at it.

larryr

Reaction score
I kinda like it, looks Bane's arrived in the city and he's seeking Batman from a distance.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by larryr
I kinda like it, looks Bane's arrived in the city and he's seeking Batman from a distance.

And likes tribal tattoos!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a poster for The Wrestler 2, The Ram takes Manhattan - also, not a fan of Hathaway.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First look at Hardy as Bane:

bane-575.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bigger pic, you can see the details on the mask much better.
cvWYg.jpg

youngScholar

Reaction score
Those look like little skeleton fingers on the front of the mask . . .
devil.gif

I know Hardy was pretty big in Bronson, but did he bulk even more for this role?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads