• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barcelona

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Carmina for shoes, especially cordovan. Oh, and I hear El Bulli has decent food.

Try Alkimia its Adria's restaurant where he showcases his take on Catalan food. Much easier to get a reservation there than at El Bulli, and quite a bit cheaper. Try the foie gras in a cocoa broth, its incredible.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
El Raco con Fabes is also good, but its about an hour outside of Barcelona.

Alec_Jan

Reaction score
stay away from ramblas for food

vaso de oro has good tapas (get chorizo).. but it's a really... really thin bar, so be ready to wait or be uncomfortable

lottusse (close to the university hospital) has some nice loafers, not pricey

ville_e

Reaction score
Santa Eulalia has two stores.. Pau Casals 8 solely for men & Passeig de Gracia for men & women... which one would be better to visit? As I am looking for men's clothing I would assume Pau Casals is the best?

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Yes -- do stay away from Ramblas for food.

Definitely go to the Gaudi park (forgot the name) -- it is much better than anything else Gaudi in the city (most of which didn't really appeal to me).

I don't think Carmina has a shop there.

FWIW, when in Madrid I went to the two largest Carmina stores in town but neither held a candle to the Carmina store on Avenue de l'Opera in Paris.

If you want good "local" eateries in Barcelona, the Rick Steve's book is quite good. PM me and I can take a look at my book to give you the names of a few places.

ville_e

Reaction score
Thanks Johnny!
smile.gif

banis

Reaction score
I haven't seen Carmina's shoes in Barcelona in August.

For the seafood try Botafumeiro restaurant at Gran de Gràcia.

oroy38

Reaction score
There's a small restaurant in an alley somewhere off of Ramblas that's actually quite good. It's a tucked away little gem and it's called "Menage a Trois." Regardless of the name, the food is excellent.

Worst comes to worst, there's a very large market off of Ramblas that offers fresh everything. Pick up a bottle of wine, bread, cheese, various meats, and have at it.

Star

Reaction score
Don't do the harbour tour. Barcelona harbour (bar the small area where the yachts are parked) is an idustrial sh!t whole. I wasted my Euro's in 2006 wine in hand (that I also paid for) being driven past a pile of what looked like coal not not once but twice!

The rest of the city is groovy.

If you want Harbour go Sydney or HongKong

ville_e

Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone for your wonderful suggestions! I will let you know how the trip went when I get back..

I leave on Thursday so if anyone has any more suggestions I'd love to hear them.. will def. visit the Miro, Picasso, Contemporary and Naval museums.. will also visit Bel y Cie and Santa Eulalia for shopping and some of the restaurants mentioned.
smile.gif

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump. Going to Barca soon and would love some recs for nightlife and things to do. Any particular area where we should look to stay in terms of hostels?

ville_e

Reaction score
Any new recommendations for Barcelona??

Hotels, restaurants, shops etc.? Advice is most appreciated. Thank you!

lektrix

Reaction score
lol I'm going to Barcelona in May....

Should I even bother shopping for clothes there? I'm into ZARA and that's all...

Frigiliana

Reaction score
El Corte InglÃ
00a9.png
s is the large department store in the center, pretty much sells everything from Zegna to Burberry and everything in between , be careful on the Ramblas with pick pockets ,just wander round a bit and you'll find plenty of tapas bars , the bus tours are i thought good value as you can jump on and of and even change routes , a must see is the Segrada Familia unbelievable be prepared to que , i agree about the market of the Ramblas great for food . Have a great holiday i will definitely be going back
PS if you look on youtube there is a brilliant 6 part documentary about Gaudi i think made by the B.B.C UK television i wish i had watched it before i went

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads