1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

barbour international

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robinsongreen68, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

end are legit, the other link looks dodgier than an election pledge (no bricks & mortar address, dodgy email and very broken english).

2. ManofKent

Agreed - bear in mind the jacket is designed to be 'boxy' so sleeves are short for the chest width.

3. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

They must have got more because some one posted this deal a few weeks ago and I think they sold out some of the sizes.
    Anyway, sign up to get the email marking for another 10% off.

Some one reported that the jacket he received was not made in England.
    The one I received was made in England.
    It's model MWX0004BK51.

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Wait, is this possible? They can do this? Anyone have experience with it?

Main reason I am hesitant to pull the trigger is sleeve length. I'm 6'6" with fairly long arms. Would get the 44 and need them to accommodate my sleeves at around 36/37. Can't stand a jacket that is too short in this area.

I'd also remove that front patch as soon as I got it, but that's just me. Hate branding.

5. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they can totally do that. They can do all sorts of things. I once had a Beaufort that I wanted to have cuffs like the Bedale instead and they were willing to do that as well...though I never did end up sending it in actually.

Thanks for the heads up on that International deal, that is pretty crazy. Really bummed that some (all?) are no longer made in England. I'm hoping that maybe some still are and I'll get lucky with one of those or an old stock one, who knows. For $188 shipped it's hard to complain either way really. Hope the sizing works out.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm really interested right now that I know as long as I get the body sizing right, I can always have the sleeve length fixed. :)

I like the overall look of the jacket, minus the patch. It may kill any vintage appeal in the long term, but I think I would remove it. That and black is not normally a color I go for since I wear mostly shades of brown, but with some proper aging to the waxy cloth it should pair well with the rest of my fits.

Do most of you wear the jacket with or without the belt? Does the fit still feel slim when worn without the belt on?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  7. whoiswho

whoiswho New Member

8. SoItGoes

SoItGoes New Member

That is how much I paid for one.

9. whoiswho

whoiswho New Member

Okay
    thanks
    I bought it
    size 40

10. pk977

pk977 Well-Known Member

NY SALES PROMOTION NOW ON THIS JACKET

11. pk977

pk977 Well-Known Member

NY SALES PROMOTION NOW ON THIS JACKET

12. golfnutter66

golfnutter66 Well-Known Member

It is more of a rain jacket. Not going to keep you warm in the cold winter of TO.

It is meant to be worn with layers underneath in the fall, but not super cold snow weather.

1 person likes this.
  13. pk977

pk977 Well-Known Member

waxed jacket advantage?

14. xugx29

xugx29 New Member

Hi:

I am 1.76m in height and 72kg in weight, or 5'9 in height, 158 lbs in weight, would a size 34 or size 36 fit me better? I preferred a relative slim fit. Thanks!

15. tahonng

tahonng Well-Known Member

I'm interested in getting this the way Philip Crangi's wearing it. First of all, is it even the International? I know he's wearing a vintage one, but is it a discontinued style or am I right in assuming it's the Internaltional? Second, what size should I get? I'd like to wear it slim like he's wearing it, but I plan on wearing it onto the colder months here in NC, which means I'd be wearing a shirt and a cardi underneath. I'm a 38 in suits, but I've measured, and my chest actually measures 39". Also, I'm positive he had it altered to skim the hips. I'm 5'7", so I wondering if I'd have to have it altered, and where, if that's the case.

Thanks in advance for the input.

16. avamh

avamh New Member

Maybe there is someone out there who can help me out with sleeve length on a Barbour International. I've been scouring the web for 2 days trying to find out how long the sleeves are from shoulder to cuff on a 42. Any input would be awesome. Thanks!!

17. ManofKent

Pretty much dead on 26" from seam to end of cuff. That's on the classic A7 - there are other International variants out there and they may differ...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  18. Bonney

Bonney Well-Known Member

19. chicagotrad

chicagotrad New Member

I got a couple of the Moto style jackets from Sierra trading post recently and the sizing is a variable depending on the model. Almost all are "L" sizes, but I ordered a few and was a good move as some fit like mediums, some fit like larges and a couple fit like a small. Some fit super tight and some are a bit looser. Looks like they are mostly marked "sample".

They've had a couple of the Steve McQueen things - some are pretty ostentatious with the picture/flag, but others are a bit more sedate.

They are running through a lot of different models over there and have been adding new ones the past couple of weeks, but things sell out fast. There seem to be a good number of the international jackets, though. Prices are good, though with the usual STP discounts.