1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Barbour coats and jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Nov 13, 2002.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Well-Known Member

anyone own one? Seems like a great option for a kind of all purpose waterproof jacket. I've got a dept. store nearby that carries them, and plan on checking them out soon. Opinions of them? Online prices have them all about $350... better deals to be had?

2. maxnharry

maxnharry Well-Known Member

I have two. You can find them for less on ebay NWT.

3. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Great coats/jackets, they last (seemingly) forever...love mine but, make sure you have had the opportunity to see/handle a "waxed" cotton garment before buying one unseen. While I don't mind the "nose" of the coat, the wife can't stand it. So, my coat hangs, relegated to a utility room closet and gets worn, only when I'm out on my own! [​IMG]

4. jc138

jc138 Well-Known Member

Great coats/jackets, they last (seemingly) forever...love mine but, make sure you have had the opportunity to see/handle a "waxed" cotton garment before buying one unseen. While I don't mind the "nose" of the coat, the wife can't stand it. So, my coat hangs, relegated to a utility room closet and gets worn, only when I'm out on my own! [​IMG]
    anyone know where I could get my hands on one in NYC?

5. pinchi22

pinchi22 Well-Known Member

Barneys stocks them (or at least had them last year).

6. R-H

R-H Well-Known Member

Hopefully the OP found what he was looking for. I just imagine him being cold for the last 6 years, not being able to find the right jacket.

7. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Well-Known Member

Everyone from Barneys to J.Press stocks them now.

I think they're marginally cheaper if purchased online from a UK retail outfit (try www.bestinthecountry.co.uk).

The "nose" of the coat goes away if it's worn everyday for a few months. Then store it for the warm season and the smell has come back a bit. Don't worry -- it is a glorious smell.

And a glorious garment.

8. needshoehelp

needshoehelp Well-Known Member

9. maxnharry

maxnharry Well-Known Member

Hopefully the OP found what he was looking for. I just imagine him being cold for the last 6 years, not being able to find the right jacket.

Always that danger. For some reason the system puked this as a recent post this morning.

10. adambparker

adambparker Well-Known Member

anyone know where I could get my hands on one in NYC?

There is a Barbour boutique, managed by Peter Elliot, on Madison at 80th Street. They have a pretty good selection of their various coat offerings. They also have some pretty decent tweed jackets.