1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

I don't own any BoO, but because I'm bored at work, and I just looked at Context's measurements, I'm going to guess their size chart looks something like this:

Chest Size
    34" X-Small
    36" Small
    38" Medium
    40" Large
    42" X-Large

I've found that well-fitting shirts are 2-5" wider in the chest, depending somewhat on the cut.

2. Deluks917

Deluks917 Well-Known Member

Random: So on Band's website they have all the polaroids. One of them is of Christain Bale wearing a BoO shirt. What the hell size does he wear? I mean, I have to wear an XXL and I'm not THAT big. This dude is effing Batman. I'm surprised he was even able to button it up.

Unless the picture was taken while he was filming The Machinist. *shudder*

If XXL actually fits you I would say your pretty big.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I don't own any BoO, but because I'm bored at work, and I just looked at Context's measurements, I'm going to guess their size chart looks something like this:

Chest Size
    34" X-Small
    36" Small
    38" Medium
    40" Large
    42" X-Large

I've found that well-fitting shirts are 2-5" wider in the chest, depending somewhat on the cut.

My chest measures 20" and the L is fitted on me at 20.5 across but not eason tight.

4. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Well-Known Member

If XXL actually fits you I would say your pretty big.

Yah, either your shirt fits like shit or you are a big guy.

5. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

XXL in BoO is like what, 44 chest?

Not that big...

6. kit99bar

kit99bar Well-Known Member

interesting I wear a large in boo.

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

XXL in BoO is like what, 44 chest?

Not that big...

Exactly, I wear an XL in BoO and I have a 41" chest, I'm 6' 187lbs at 11% body fat. I'm far from a big guy and most people actually tell me to gain weight, but I guess in SF world I'm fat too then...

8. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

I'm about the same as you. 6'1 and 185. XL in BoO.

9. Tooch4321

I'm about the same as you. 6'1 and 185. XL in BoO.

Yeah, I've gained some muscle weight over the last few months, I'm actually leaner these days. Do you happen to wear a Medium in EG? I was at Hejfina last weekend and I discovered I could actually fit into some Smalls, WTF?

10. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

Sorry to derail the sizing discussion, but does BoO ever hit Gilt Sale prices anyplace other than Gilt itself? I'm beginning to doubt that I'd actually be able to get anything good in my size...

11. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

12. Tooch4321

Sorry to derail the sizing discussion, but does BoO ever hit Gilt Sale prices anyplace other than Gilt itself? I'm beginning to doubt that I'd actually be able to get anything good in my size...

I want to say rarely, unless you come across the odd sale like South Willard had, but if you're lucky some places can get them as low as $120-100. I just bought one of the last few F/W pieces Aparment Number 9 had last weekend for $115. It's just that the actually articles of clothing rarely stay on the shelves long enough to hit super deep discounts...

13. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

14. Lysol

Lysol Well-Known Member

If the upcoming Gilt sale is anything like the last Gilt sale the prices are the same as almost every retailer at end of season. Barneys, eLuxury and BlueBee are places online that typically have their stuff at 50% off retail.

15. junebugmm

junebugmm Well-Known Member

Can't wait to have 5 of my friends order BoO on Gilt at the same time for me at 9AM PST.

16. 8bpc

8bpc Well-Known Member

Small or Medium depending on how close you want to cut things. I have a 38" chest and I'm medium.

Damn in between size... always a guessing game. [​IMG] Thanks for the feedback.

17. work the raw

work the raw Active Member

Exactly, I wear an XL in BoO and I have a 41" chest, I'm 6' 187lbs at 11% body fat. I'm far from a big guy and most people actually tell me to gain weight, but I guess in SF world I'm fat too then...

I thought it was a universal fact that BoO sizing runs crazy small.

I have three BoO oxfords, two overdyed (which I read somewhere run a bit smaller because of the dying process). All three are L's, and they fit me nicely -- not emo-tight, but fitted. In a wee-man label like Cloak, to give some perspective, I was an S-to-M.

Perhaps it's just last season of BoO that this was the case?

18. Tooch4321

I thought it was a universal fact that BoO sizing runs crazy small.

I have three BoO oxfords, two overdyed (which I read somewhere run a bit smaller because of the dying process). All three are L's, and they fit me nicely -- not emo-tight, but fitted. In a wee-man label like Cloak, to give some perspective, I was an S-to-M.

Perhaps it's just last season of BoO that this was the case?

i know this, i was explaining it to someone else. i own at least 10 BoO shirts, most are XL, but i can fit into the occasional L as well...

19. skunkworks

skunkworks Well-Known Member

I want to say rarely, unless you come across the odd sale like South Willard had, but if you're lucky some places can get them as low as $120-100. I just bought one of the last few F/W pieces Aparment Number 9 had last weekend for $115. It's just that the actually articles of clothing rarely stay on the shelves long enough to hit super deep discounts...

Apartment No. 9 in Santa Monica/Brentwood has something like 5+ BoO mediums from F/W, as well as a few in other sizes still left. They were at 60% off this weekend, which put the one I bought at around $100.

20. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Anyone have info on the BoO cotton poplin baseball jacket? Looking to purchase one, but unsure when they usually get shipped/become available. Thanks