1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders v. Hickey Style

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jul 29, 2007.

1. long_knives

long_knives Well-Known Member

Lucien-Pellat Finet.

Yup. Saw that same LPF sweater like 6 years ago. But it was something crazy like $3k.

2. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

Umm you just started calling it that barker black lover.

Incorrect.

Cocklover.

3. long_knives

long_knives Well-Known Member

Very digging the Gieves stuff... Anyone know of online sources?

I agree. The Gieves stuff is really nice.

I have a NWT Gieves sport jacket that may be up for sale soon, if any one is interested.

Mid-purple herringbone, all wool. Slim cut size 40. Retailed for around $800. I'm not getting much wear because it's not dressy enough for work.

4. rzi

rzi Well-Known Member

The BoO stuff is really nice. I'd love to go for a similar image using less expensive brands since I cannot afford most of their stuff. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] great items.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

I saw that middle jacket on sale for $600 (retail about $1300) at Barneys

and I bought the bottom navy blazer for just under $400 (retail $1275) NWT on ebay

each of my 4 shirts were all well under $100

so their stuff *can* be found at deep discount if you keep an eye out, or dumb luck hits you at the right time

6. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

Or you can just get MTM jacket (~$310) or suit (~$450) from the man GS himself. [​IMG]

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

^^^^ smartest thing I've heard in a long time [​IMG]

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Incorrect.

Prove it gay guy.

9. rzi

rzi Well-Known Member

I'd actually love to order a suit from you.

Given you have that blazer I'm sure it wouldn't be too dificult to make something similar in design no?

I should think I might order a blazer and a suit soon.

10. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

I need another set of eyes looking at this dudes: I want to get the windowpane wool tie, which looks like a charcoal or possible dark chocolate brown with a white or grey criss-cross chalk stripe, but on the Sale Ties page at hickey, the images seem to be flipped: the tie I want is listed as "brown glen plaid" which it most certainly isn't, while the clickable link to the "windowpane" chalkstripe page shows what is indeed a brown glen plaid. I should disregard the pix and order by name, right? link in question: http://www.hickeystyle.com/website/d...dept%5Fid=4167

11. blank

blank Well-Known Member

You know, Joel, I had a question about the vintage oxford that I bought -- I wanted to make sure it wasn't the 3/4 placket one, so I called customer service and received a prompt answer. I'd suggest giving that a go. Crazy how quick we are to assume (most often correctly) that customer service lines are horrible.

12. Countertenor

Countertenor Well-Known Member

I need another set of eyes looking at this dudes:

I want to get the windowpane wool tie, which looks like a charcoal or possible dark chocolate brown with a white or grey criss-cross chalk stripe, but on the Sale Ties page at hickey, the images seem to be flipped: the tie I want is listed as "brown glen plaid" which it most certainly isn't, while the clickable link to the "windowpane" chalkstripe page shows what is indeed a brown glen plaid. I should disregard the pix and order by name, right?

link in question:
    http://www.hickeystyle.com/website/d...dept%5Fid=4167

Yeah, I saw that earlier. The other thing holding me back is that they call it "100% silk". [​IMG] In fact, all the woolly ties on that page are "100% silk".[​IMG]

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

^^^^ smartest thing I've heard in a long time [​IMG]

Wait, how much do you charge for a 1-button SB peak lapel suit?

Jon.

14. Joel_Cairo

Yeah, I saw that earlier. The other thing holding me back is that they call it "100% silk". [​IMG] In fact, all the woolly ties on that page are "100% silk".[​IMG]

yeah, Jason confirmed their wooliness. I think I'll just go for it. I'd take either really, but the windowpane has more of a space in my 'drobe right now.

Q for Blank though: was your issue also a photo/description mismatch? If so, which did customer service side with?

15. Countertenor

Countertenor Well-Known Member

yeah, Jason confirmed their wooliness.
    Eh, what do I know?! [/Joel_Cairo_pet_peeve] I'll try reading the whole thread more carefully next time. [​IMG]

16. Joel_Cairo

Eh, what do I know?! [/Joel_Cairo_pet_peeve] I'll try reading the whole thread more carefully next time. [​IMG]

haha my only pet-peeve are FAQ-weilding and or spamming noobs with text-message grammar, and even that's a love/hate kinda thing. I'm a sucker for a good flamebait.

17. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

I ordered one of their vintage oxfords, which don't seem to be in the "steals and deals" section now that they've updated the site, and a pair of the cord jeans in grey. The shirt has a great fit and i'm very happy with it. I like the fit of the pants as well but they are a bit short for me, the 32" waist came with a 31" hemmed inseam. Which means for me they'll be relegated to wearing only with boots. Not bad for the price at all.

18. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Here's my vintage blue oxford...

[​IMG]

I ordered one of the blue/pink ones with cutaway, we'll see how that one is.

19. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Can somebody enligtning me on the difference between Hickey Style and Hickey Freeman?

20. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Can somebody enligtning me on the difference between Hickey Style and Hickey Freeman?

Hickey style is a more modern, "trendy" clothing that is still Ivy League inspired while Hickey Freeman is more "stuffy" trad attire.