• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Rumor.. (don't worry, they're still alive)

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One other thing to add on to my previous BoO comment. I don't get where people are coming from when they say BoO uses ****** fabric. I've always felt like the fabrics are great. A button may fall off? So what? When you take your J Crew in to the tailor to slim it down to fit like BoO, have your tailor reinforce the buttons on your BoO. Problem solved.

With that said, I still wouldn't buy it if it wasn't on sale. Although, with BoO wide availability online nowadays and with forum affiliates offering a nice discount up front, its not really a problem.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
^Aww, I wanna come.
No bitches. You gotta make amends for all that facebook slander you wrote.
Originally Posted by mainy
yeah, they only did the one run of shirts though, right?
That was TaTxKentWang. TaT is planning to make shirts hopefully by sometime this year.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I thought that we were just going to meet up at Famous Friends. You are welcome to join us for dinner too, Sunday night, since the original intent of that was ostensibly to talk about the .... top secret project name deleted...
Not to be a dick but can we please just have a SF meet for drinks after dinner? I don't want to be the guy who gets invited to something small and then brings twenty people along only to say, "You invite me, you invite my crew." It all just sounds like some bad Vanilla Ice movie. Also, we'll be around Monday and Tuesday night so we can always do something bigger later.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Not to be a dick but can we please just have a SF meet for drinks after dinner?

alcoholic

Wesley Pipes

Reaction score

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we are but dinner sounds good. pm'd

Originally Posted by LA Guy
I thought that we were just going to meet up at Famous Friends. You are welcome to join us for dinner too, Sunday night, since the original intent of that was ostensibly to talk about the .... top secret project name deleted...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BOO stockholder much?

Originally Posted by Brian SD
I think this thread is even worse than the Common Projects thread(s).

If it's so easy to make shirts with the same fit and quality of Boo shirts, then why hasn't it been done yet? Is it so hard to believe that what BOO does, despite that it doesn't appeal to you, has enough inherent value that it would appeal to a lot of others?

Numerous brands try to replicate the fit, and I've tried to do so as well with MTM shirts, but it's always a fruitless endeavor. I'd rather just buy a couple BOO shirts (and pay out the ass) and be completely satisfied than deal with the hassle and frustration of getting something that feels slightly "off" over and over again. I've taken a BOO shirt's exact measurements to both Jantzen and MyTailor and have never had anything that even resembles the proper fit. It always looks like a knock-off, and the fabric quality is **** in comparison.

Also, you cannot get a cheap shirt at the Asian street market that fits as well as BOO. That's complete bullshit, and I know because I've scoured Dongdaemun/Namdaemun Sichang for hours looking for exactly that. The shirts that they sell are basically womens shirts in larger sizes, and if the fight is right around the shoulders, its too boxy in the body (but still flares out oddly because of the heavy darting). If it's right around the arms, it's too small around the shoulders. In addition to all that, the buttons are plastic and the fabric is horrible.

Also Whacked, I know from experience that you cannot take a J.Crew shirt and get it tailored to fit like BOO. It's not wrong. You simply cannot.

Wish I could make the meeting. I'll be in NYC mid-late March. Just a bit too late I guess.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no dude. i'm getting YOU drunk and forcing you to wear gareth pugh women's runway to church with me and my family.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
alcoholic
img1262gb0.jpg

Wow, didn't think you'd put down your Blueberry Stoli and Sprite long enough to type that out. Kudos.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Look at dem sexy brows, almost too perfect hmmm...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
no dude. i'm getting YOU drunk and forcing you to wear gareth pugh women's runway to church with me and my family.

Sounds good. Since it's church, i'll wear the pugh archangel outfit:

17.jpg

then afterwards i can take your kids to the pool and go on lifeguard duties with my gareth pugh swim floaties outfit

23.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
No bitches. You gotta make amends for all that facebook slander you wrote

****, you were the one all up on my facebook junk.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haha. that was quick.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Sounds good. Since it's church, i'll wear the pugh archangel outfit:

17.jpg

then afterwards i can take your kids to the pool and go on lifeguard duties with my gareth pugh swim floaties outfit

23.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads