• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balenciaga

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the quality of Balenciaga Pour Homme?

Also today I saw a nice coat on sale but was unsure of the retail price. What might be a retail price for a wool db coat in a sort of military style that is made in Italy?

Thank you.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might have tried on the exact coat you're talking about in Barney's. Was it navy, a little longer than 3/4, DB, peak lapel, and really slim fit. If this is the same coat, the retail is around $1200 if I remember correctly, or was it $1600? Just to add, it was a really nice coat, very heavy and warm.

thc

Reaction score
Hmm...I'll have to take another look at Balenciaga. I was very unimpressed the first time I saw it. I got an awesome shirt by Margiela though. I was going to buy a couple others, and a nice sweater by Yohji Yamamoto, but I've been trying to cut back lately on how much money I spend on clothes.
smile.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike C.

Yes that was the same coat, it was in a type of dark navy herringbone pattern. Also it had a **** in the back.

I thought it was a rather nice coat.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LabelKing: Yes, it did have a herringbone pattern, it is definalty the same coat. I was seriously considering buying it, but I thought it looked way too feminine, because of the cut.

I ended up buying an Emporio Armani overcoat instead. It's SB, navy, wool, 4 button, thin lapels, besom pockets, high closure and armholes. The cut is pretty slim, though nowhere near the girly cut of the Balenciaga one we're talking about. I find the Emporio one I bought to be quite interesting; try to think of a suit jacket, the only difference being it is knee length.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do agree the coat is a bit femimine with the full skirt, and nipped-in waist but then it is not overly so, and so I would still consider buying it.

The sale price was very good both considering the retail comparison, and as the price of a wool coat.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Labelking: What was the sale price? Just wondering, considering I was gonna pay retail for it.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The sale price was $600. I do not know if this sounds reasonable but to be frank I find it very cheap for a coat of a perceived quality like a Balenciaga.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads