1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

B&S Buyer wants to return something... Aren't NO returns an unwritten rule of B&S?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by allaboutshoes, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Bonggoy

Bonggoy Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your insight. It is appreciated. I learned my lesson now. As I mentioned earlier, we are working on a solution. Looks like there several options available. One that will be mutually beneficial to both of us.

2. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Buyer now claims he found a "slight defect" on the shoe. Oh, how convenient. I wonder if tomorrow he'll "find" a bullet hole through the sole which he didnt see before

1 person likes this.
  3. atila

atila Well-Known Member

The only realistic option would be to handle it with AE on your own. I really don't think allaboutshoes has a responsibility to you at this point. And to be honest, it would probably be CHEAPER for you to get it exchanged through AE than shipping it back to allaboutshoes.

Go in and tell them it was a gift. Assuming you did not use the shoes, you'll be fine. If you used the shoes, then not even allaboutshoes would take them back.

4. Bonggoy

Please allaboutshoes. Before you accuse me of committing fraud, check your email.

I have been very respectful of you. Is it too much to ask to expect that in return from you?

For the benefit of the forum. When I got the shoes, I took one shoe. Put it on and knew right away it didn't fit me. I never even bothered to take out the other shoe.

I did check them today after coming home from work and found a metal sticking out (might not be the right word to describe them) at the bottom of the left heel. Basically it looks like a staple wire.

I asked allaboutshoes for his email so I can send a picture of it to him. I was then accused of purposely damaging the shoes (understandable but still uncalled for) so I can return them. Picture was sent. If it pleases the forum, I can post a picture of it here.

5. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

^^ How is this AE's problem?

lefty

6. atila

atila Well-Known Member

... just take them to Allen Edmonds and ask for an exchange.

7. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

SOMEBODY is at fault, always. Not you, not me, so must be HIM.

8. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

Could it be possible that the buyer didnt see the "defect"? YES. Is it likely that after running me through the ringer all day that he didnt inspect the shoes earlier? Probably.

9. Bonggoy

Here is the picture of the metal on the shoes.

[​IMG]

He doesn't believe it's metal. He thinks it's some sort of a marking. I offered to mail it to him. He can inspect it and decide for himself if it's metal or not. If it's metal sticking out, he will replace it. Otherwise, he will replace it and I will pay the 15% restocking fee.

Even if it's found to be a defect, I am still eating up the cost of shipping it to him. I maybe wrong here, but when a merchandise is found to be defective, shouldn't the seller pay for all the cost of shipping return?

How about it allaboutshoes? I am trying to find a solution here.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  10. Bonggoy

The nearest Allen Edmond store is about 90 miles from where I live. Can this be exchanged to a retail partner like Nordstrom?

11. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if it wasn't so convenient that you found this issue with the shoe AFTER he denied your return. There is a problem with not checking both shoes upon receiving them. Even if you were at a department store or a boutique, would you not check to make sure that the article of clothing you picked out is without flaws?

12. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

But... that's not the truth.
    This

13. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

I think it's absolutely reasonable for him to think you're dicking him over by trying to claim a defect after going several rounds and not getting your way. Suddenly discovering a defect is highly suspicious, even if it's legitimate. The only person actually there is you, and you're not exactly neutral. To an outside observer, could it be legitimate? Sure. Is it likely to be legitimate? No. Even with a photo. There is no way of establishing if the claimed defect was there before or after you took delivery. And for that matter, you're gonna need a better photo- something that looks like it was taken by a 5 year old cameraphone with a scratched lens doesn't cut it.

If the problem is that YOU ordered the wrong size and color, that's not the seller's fault, it's completely on you. He's not obligated to take returns. He offered you a solution where you could return, but would have to compensate him for the level of trouble you're causing. You've turned that down, for whatever reason.

I'm sorry, but the case you've presented here doesn't really make me sympathetic to your side.

14. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Well-Known Member

You bought the wrong shoe in the wrong size. Learn your lesson.

15. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Honestly, all this fuss over a pair of shoes, tut tut tut...

I bought a Tom Ford suit online, got it, and it fit terribly due to armholes. Seller did not get measurements wrong, I screwed up by not trying on a TF jacket instore. Did I send it back to seller and give him hastles? Nope, I swallowed it, sold it for $300 less than I paid, and took it as a lesson.

Get over it, it is just a pair of shoes. 10 years from now, you wont even care about this day.

16. Bonggoy

I don't normally check them. My wife will usually inspect them. If there's a defect, I can always return them.

I understand everyone's apprehension. My story is too convenient after all that transpired.

I have offered to send it to the seller at my cost so he can inspect it himself. I stated the options in my previous post. I think it's fair. In fact, if it's found to be defective, I think it's more than fair for the seller. I still eat the shipping cost of shipping it to him. He can always ask his distributor for a replacement because its defective and won't cost him anything.

17. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

How did you find out that he's a distributor?

18. Bonggoy

That's not what I said. I said he can take it back to his distributor. I didn't say he is a distributor. He mentioned that he didn't get it directly from AE so I assume he gets it somewhere. Distributor is just a word I used. Supplier maybe?

19. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Quote:
    THIS is true.

20. Bonggoy

I am not trying to dupe allaboutshoes. If I wanted to, I could have just gone ahead and return it to him, go to my CC and will surely get a positive response. I didn't do that. I wanted to resolve this amicably with him and in private. I like the shoes. His prices are great. I plan to do business with him in the future. Hence my desire to get this resolve with minimal cost to both of us. All through this, I have been respectful to everyone, most especially to the seller. I kept my cool inspite of all the name calling and the accusation of fraud.

What I was being accused of is not fair. I understand it since I am new here and nobody knows me (there maybe a few who may actually know me since I saw a cigar thread but that is immaterial). It is not in my nature to take advantage of other people. Not for any amount.

I apologized already for not knowing how things work here. I've learned my lesson. I am now offering a solution that is in line to what he was offering.