1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

B. Nelson Shoe Repair in NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sanmateo, Nov 3, 2004.

1. sanmateo

sanmateo Well-Known Member

2. dah328

dah328 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're in my building in NYC, but I've only purchased shoe care items from them. Â What they've said that has surprised me: "I would get custom shoe trees for these" in reference to my Grenson Masterpieces from Bennie's. What they've said that pleased me: "You're worried about the cost of custom shoe trees? Â These must have been at least $800" in reference to my Grensons. Â [​IMG] I haven't had them do any repair work on any of my shoes, though. Â I think my AEs will go back to the factory when they need new soles and I haven't decided whether I will trust my C&Js or Grensons to them when they need new soles (hopefully not for a long time). dan

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

My family has used Nelson shoemaker for thirty years and I highly recommend them. Their repair work is superior to the factory shops. You should ask for either Nick or Tony.

4. Lomezz

Lomezz Well-Known Member

I used to be in the building as well and used them several times for little things.

FWIW, I once tried to inquire about their sole replacement process for my C&J handgardes, but the owner didn't even make it past the first question which was "what brand/type of leather do you use". All he could say was that they use "premium" replacement soles. He wasn't very forthcoming, so I decided to go with Shoe Service Plus on 55th, which uses Rendenbach oak bark leather.