1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Awesome Slim Fit Evisu

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ahaz, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Noticed that. Felt really bad. Oh well.

2. Stalker McStalkerson

Stalker McStalkerson Active Member

The elbow did hit Souwer's forearm. You can hear it if you listen closely. Nevertheless, I'm almost positive it wasn't intentional. Hooks and horizontal elbows are thrown with a very similar motion, which is why boxers will occasionally get fouled by an elbow strike. Souwer is an amazing and accomplished fighter, but he complains so goddamn much. He lodged the same elbow gripe when Kraus waffle-stomped him in the 2003 GP and whined because Buakaw was throwing him like a rag doll in the 2005 finals. Heck, he even complained about Masato headbutting him in the 2006 GP, yet proceeded to launch a soccer kick at the downed Masato's head. Don't get me wrong, Souwer is in the highest tier of K-1 max, but his sportsmanship leaves much to be desired. It looks like karma got the best of him.

In regards to his fight vs. Buakaw, I agree with Brian. Souwer was really beaten up, whereas Buakaw pretty much steamrolled Yoshi and dicked around with Drago. Souwer's game plan was to utilize his inside leg kicks to stuff other fighters' offenses. This worked very well vs. Kalakoda and Masato, both of whom are very aggressive punchers that close distance with their jabs. However both Masato and Kalakoda use boxing style flicker jabs to set up combinations, whereas Buakaw's jabs are stiff lefts meant for pushing, defense, and kick setups; thereby nullifying Souwer's left leg kicks and jab setups. Souwer can't outkick Buakaw, so his only chance would be to close the gap and utilize his Dutch combos. Given Souwer's beaten up state and the fact that Buakaw is a counter puncher, I don't think Souwer had the gas to outpoint Buakaw, let alone score a KO/KD.

But if Souwer and Buakaw meet in a superfight? Souwer can definitely beat Buakaw via points.